• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bradp

Reaction score
Well, first thing is to recognize that there is some risk inherent in this if you are ordering online as opposed to trying on in person (the latter of which is better).

I also take an E in the AE 5 last and sized down .5 on the Inca last. I can't really speak to other lasts though, so maybe other members can weigh in if you have more specific questions.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do i know what to do then? I am new to higher end shoes and half the posts on here look like jiberish to me :)

Thanks for the response Brad.

Do I just order a shoe in a "wider" last in my proper shoe length....simple as that?

Not all lasts are available in wide widths. Simpson only has one standard width as far as I know so you couldn't just order a wider size. I think Rain is normally considered an E (US D?) and it's available in EE but I might be wrong.

Last edited:

Romans116

Reaction score
Quote:
How much is it to ship shoes back to Carmina if you size a shoe wrong? If it is only $50 bucks after i do my research with all your help it may be worth a shot. It isn't like Allen Edmonds are a bad shoe so they might be good enough.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
How much is it to ship shoes back to Carmina if you size a shoe wrong? If it is only $50 bucks after i do my research with all your help it may be worth a shot. It isn't like Allen Edmonds are a bad shoe so they might be good enough.
USPS for me was about $65 and they sat in customs for about a month in Spain. Fedex would have been faster for $170+ but who's to say they wouldn't have been in customs just as long.

Last edited:

cobashk

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Oscar? I have wide feet- 7UK Detroit is good, 7.5 in rain is too tight in the toe, 8UK in Robert is ok but slight heel slip. 8UK in Simpson was comfortable but even more heel slip. I was wondering whether I'd be 7.5 or 8 UK Oscar based on this info. (My detroit and robert last shoes are bluchers and I'm looking at a blucher boot on Oscar.) Thanks!

Romans116

Reaction score
7.5 E Us Size 65 Last on AE Park Avenue-

Would the rain last 6.5 uk size work? Anyone have a Rain Carmina and also a AE Park Avenue for comparative???

thanks!!!

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi guys, been through parts of this thread and a bit confused, given I want to buy from Skoak online if possible.

I'm a UK9.5 in pretty much every brand, medium (D) width. In particular, Church UK9.5 D seems to fit me well (a tiny bit loose in the toe box but that's probably more the last). Mr Hare, Gucci, D&G... they all seem to be UK9.5 too.

With that in mind, what size would I potentially be in the Simpson, Forest and Rain lasts?

Thanks!

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, been through parts of this thread and a bit confused, given I want to buy from Skoak online if possible.

I'm a UK9.5 in pretty much every brand, medium (D) width. In particular, Church UK9.5 D seems to fit me well (a tiny bit loose in the toe box but that's probably more the last). Mr Hare, Gucci, D&G... they all seem to be UK9.5 too.

With that in mind, what size would I potentially be in the Simpson, Forest and Rain lasts?

Thanks!

High or low instep?

Webbo

Reaction score
I am looking at a boot on the Soller last and would welcome sizing advice please; I am (in other boots)
10.5 Loake Pimlico Capital
10.5 Loake Kempton 026
10 (G) Cheaney 175

thanks

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear Inca 9UK, which is snug but stretched out to become comfortable. I bought simpson lasted 9.5UK suede loafers, however I am experiencing some heel lift. I can't quite get the loafers to fall off my feet, but I can certainly lift the heel about half an inch off the sole. The front of the shoe feels like it fits fine, but perhaps my instep is too low. Is the shoe a half size big? Or are loafers supposed to be fairly relaxed fitting??

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

FraudulentTom

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both Meermin Olfe and Carmina Rain? My Olfe's in 9.5 are great in width and length, but a bit tight on the instep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads