• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning 🌞
AC99A283-1665-4582-B023-399C810C0CDA.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy WTW forum pals. I thought I would wear shoes before the low temperatures and mandatory boot weather hits. I love the results of clean up from bloom to wearable.

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With my dad for his podiatry visit. TruBalance PCT Jumpers from Moulded Shoe. These were a late night web browsing find from 2020—a random and welcome eee in stock.

Can’t tell what Dr. W is wearing—he usually has a tassel loafer of some sort (covered by those little booties), but these look much beefier today.

3C2B06CB-EAE8-433E-B838-EEAA5FFF7837.jpeg
81313126-FC3D-4C8F-9ED2-E8309685D54A.jpeg
975F0F28-C203-4955-9A56-6B980A7A3351.jpeg

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Some tasty new preorders in the pipeline over at Brick & Mortar. Has anyone by chance seen this Tan Reverse Chamois? Or even better, has a photo of a swatch? Curious how it looks…

lcdx22

Reaction score
Some tasty new preorders in the pipeline over at Brick & Mortar. Has anyone by chance seen this Tan Reverse Chamois? Or even better, has a photo of a swatch? Curious how it looks…

It's close to snuff but more rust/orange

Tan Reverse Chamois leather.jpeg Tan Smooth Chamois leather.jpg
IMG_20221222_153828_351.jpg

Compared with snuff (tan chamois left and snuff right)
IMG_20221222_153824_836.jpg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Dad's 80th birthday and he wanted new shoes. My dad has worn Johnston & Murphy Penny Loafers ever since his college days and was always proud to flaunt Made in America shoes. Unfortunately, his J&M's are no longer being produced in the US, so when he asked for new "Burgundy Loafers" I knew I had to introduce him to Alden.

The nearest shop to us is Brogue, and I knew they would have a loafer that he would like. I emailed ahead and Mack replied back with his regards from China and informed me that he would be there through Chinese New Year, but he would inform Joy that I would be stopping by the shop.

I arrived early to our appointment at Brogue to deliver some desserts to Joy as she has quite a sweet tooth. We chatted on current events and I tried on some jackets which I may have to come back and get. Their Final Sale section has some great stuff, but I needed to see if they would fit. While waiting for Dad to arrive, I snapped a pic of my Color 8 Brogue Short Wing Bluchers. I really enjoy the look of the Plaza last on these!
View attachment 1869081

Having done some research, I noted my Dad's size in J&M (7.5 wide) and figured he would need a proper Brannock measurement to help dial in his Alden size. We measured him an 8E/8D on the Brannock, so went with a 7.5D on Van. Fit him like a glove! The loafer he liked was Brogue's Kuro LHS Moccasin in Color 8 Shell.

Joy carefully repackaged the shoes as she always does, but this time added a nice decorative wrapped bow and placed it in the familiar Alden green bag. Once we got to my parent's house, my Dad showed Mom his new loafers which he proudly wore to dinner this evening (please excuse the filthy carpet...they're too frugal to replace or even have it properly cleaned).
View attachment 1869078

Here are his new Color 8 loafers already developing beautiful rolls across the vamp and well on it's way to a nice patina.
View attachment 1869079

And for those wondering what we had for dinner, we went to a nice steakhouse where my Dad ordered tonight's special - Prime Rib, and I couldn't pass up the Bone-in Porterhouse.
View attachment 1869080

Hope everyone has a great evening and thank you to all who have assisted me in my journey into fine men's footwear! I'm glad to be able to share this with my Father who has always been a big influence in my life.

This is the best post of 2022..
I miss my Daddy every damn day. You made me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads