• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nordstrom black cordovan Indy
9D528EE1-4452-40F1-9E69-87B9B41D48BA.jpeg

grooveK

Reaction score
No worries -- I remember someone telling me about the plaza one and I thought that it was odd that he'd run such a similar boot in the same leather just a year or two apart. I had the Barrie version. Lovely boot, just didn't fit right.

Adam always has terrific exotic shell makeups -- his preference for leather soles and all eyelets (on boots) was something I really appreciated. Yenni used to do that, too (she learned it from Adam, I think) but recently has started branching out more. But to me, leather soles on exotic shell are just perfect.

Speaking of which -- a new arrival that I have been very anxiously awaiting -- a Barrie Color 4 wingtip boot on double oak leather soles.

View attachment 1835295
I like how you just threw in that casual 'oh by the way just got these.' Those boots are absolutely filthily disgustingly gorgeous. Maybe my new favorite make.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Alden related at all, but Dermatology full body skin check today...MD who did it was wearing Crocs...I dont like Crocs...but I trust her...I'm torn
😀😀
I like Crocs though...they have their uses, especially in rainy & urban Singapore for a quick run to the grocery store next door or Junior's swimming classes !!

20220924_131844.jpg

Last edited:

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Noticed a small gap in the heel stack of my only two month old plain toe boots. Something to be worried about now, or later when I get them resoled in a few years time?

AB8F50B8-4E81-493D-BC21-9060BDD2C772.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noticed a small gap in the heel stack of my only two month old plain toe boots. Something to be worried about now, or later when I get them resoled in a few years time?

View attachment 1836050

I have seen them pop off and others just stay on. I would bring it to the attention of the retailer who sold the boot and ask for their guidance. I have done that several times and they get authorization for a return and repair and then send you a mailing label. YMMV.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
I have seen them pop off and others just stay on. I would bring it to the attention of the retailer who sold the boot and ask for their guidance. I have done that several times and they get authorization for a return and repair and then send you a mailing label. YMMV.

Thanks, Doc. I've sent a note to Jim at Alden SF.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen, fresh from our friends at Alden, is the Color #4 Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boot made over the Grant Last. A really unique and interesting combination...

Alden Color #4 Shell Cordovan Grant WT Boots - 5.jpeg

Alden Color #4 Shell Cordovan Grant WT Boots - 16.jpeg

Alden Color #4 Shell Cordovan Grant WT Boots - 20.jpeg

With the original Color #4 WT Boot from TSM (2012), the B+M Anniversary Boot (2020), and the Grant variant (2022).
Alden Color #4 Shell Cordovan Grant WT Boots - 32.jpeg

And Grant WT Brothers (#8 Left from B+M).
Alden Color #4 Shell Cordovan Grant WT Boots - 33.jpeg

-Mike

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on sizing, looking to pick up a pair of Shell LHS loafers on the Van last.

The only other Alden’s I own are a pair of shell long wings on the Barrie last. They are very comfortable and fit well, if not just a hair too large for my preferences (maybe not even that they’re too large, just very roomy in the toe box, which is expected with that last.)

I prefer my shoes, especially loafers to fit snug. From the research I’ve done Van last is a touch shorter than Barrie, leading me to believe I should just get the same size as my long wings, especially if I plan to wear with socks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads