• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionz06

Reaction score
First, try the conditioning and brushing and other conservative things mentioned by others. If you are not happy with the results, you can move forward with other approaches. To me it looks like this a loss of the acrylic coating used on some shell shoes. More brushing will remove more of the finish. There are some good posts about this issue in the thread and you can search for acrylic to find them. I purchased some of the Angelus acrylic they mentioned here and found that it worked well at repairing areas that have lost their glaze. So don't worry and don't get rid of them, unless they are 11 EEE. In that case all hope is lost and you should mail them to me.

Perfect! I'm working through those posts now, lot's of sticky worthy stuff. Wonder what @mdubs wound up doing?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome find!

Oh man! I didn't even notice you were on the list for those too.
Thanks, I consider it just good timing. After an AE search I happened to think, "Why don't I try to search Alden suede boots?" and sure enough this popped up. I'm pretty happy with the find.

And yes, I too am on that list. That was supposed to me my Alden cherry, but these are going to show up a lot faster so I guess these will be considered my first Aldens haha.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about letting mine go. I just haven't been wearing them all that much but I do love how they look.
It was pretty much your pics of you wearing these over time which made me lust after and grab a brand new pair on eBay that popped up in my size last night. I got them for a very solid deal IMO.

View attachment 885743

They should go well with our blue suede tankers on order :)
They really are fantastic boots!! Good snag on those. They are not easy to get a hold of. I was thinking the same thing about our boot ;)

Matty123

Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of Alden’s I want to sell. Can I inquire about Interest on this thread? Don’t want to
Break any forum rules

gilby

Reaction score
Dropped by Uniomade last week and they had some great makeups.
The Byron boot looked fantastic in person! Anyone who jumped on the Black Friday discount scored.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of Alden’s I want to sell. Can I inquire about Interest on this thread? Don’t want to
Break any forum rules

I think it is generally OK to mention them with size information and ask for people to PM you if they have interest so that the discussion is not on the main thread.

gilby

Reaction score
Couldn't resist the green suede tankers in person. Try on shots with wrinkled chinos and Carmina ptb's.
IMG_4479.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG

gilby

Reaction score
Any history of a cigar tanker boot? That would be my ultimate grail.

Matty123

Reaction score
Looking to sell my B+M Reverse chamois tobacco WT boots size 9.5EEE

They are in great shape. When I received them there was a problem with the Commando sole stitching so Yenni had me sent them to Alden where they were completely resoled. They look great. I will post photos later. PM me for
Interest.

dcinitial

Reaction score
Gents - I have a BNIB Alden of Madison Cigar shell cap toe boot in a size 11D that I am thinking of letting go. I got it from another member here in a trade but it has been sitting in my closet after the trade. I rather it go to a good home where it would be worn. PM me if interested.

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Is TSM still the only irregular/2nds carrier? Haven't seen their stock list updated in a long time. Just wanted to check in in case I missed the memo about a new 2nds source. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads