• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD500

Reaction score
Speaking of tongue pads, the PO of my new ocho tassels put some pads in. When I pulled them off, they left behind a sticky residue. What product should I use to remove this without damaging the lining?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My more recently acquired #8 long wings and V tips have been getting all the attention, so it was time to pull out the PTBs for a nice change. The shoes are a nice match for the #8 wallet I received as an early Father's Day gift. Matching leather and all that. Yes, I told them what I wanted as I really did not want more ties.

FullSizeRender 149.jpg FullSizeRender 150.jpg FullSizeRender 151.jpg

djbanor

Reaction score
I will have to move my Alden x Harrison LTD Whiskey Shell shortwing bluchers. They are 10.5 B/D on the Aberdeen Last. BNIB, tried on but never worn outside. Unfortunately thy are half a size too short. Please contact me if you're interested. Happy to pass these on to someone else here before posting to the regular outlets.
Alden Whiskey Shortwings - 18.jpg Alden Whiskey Shortwings - 19.jpg

prez

Reaction score
Great comparison. I really like the look of the Leydon Last LHS (can I still call it that?). Van last for me is a non-starter. Just too tight across the vamp, and wider width are very sloppy around the heal. I have never tried Leydon last. Can you compare the fit? is it generally tighter or looser across the vamp than Van?

Thanks!
Hi there. The fit is looser across the vamp on the Leydon last but take in account that it is D width while the Van last is C width. Also the Van last by Anatomica has been modified and has a much better fit than the classic.

prez

Reaction score
I will have to move my Alden x Harrison LTD Whiskey Shell shortwing bluchers. They are 10.5 B/D on the Aberdeen Last. BNIB, tried on but never worn outside. Unfortunately thy are half a size too short. Please contact me if you're interested. Happy to pass these on to someone else here before posting to the regular outlets.
View attachment 786359 View attachment 786360
Hi, I would be interested if they are still available.

prez

Reaction score
Those are both great Prez! Congrats on your new Leydons. The D working for you?

-Mike
Actually they are ok with only a little slippage but I really like this unlined version of the LHS. Really cool to see Fransboone giving us models on lasts that are not that common.

adamf009

Reaction score

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 786359 View attachment 786360

Ah man! That stinks! Sadly, the same scenario may befall me with my 12D ones. Just fit isn't great. I totally understand and apparently the Aberdeen is a hard last to fit for some....I guess we are the "some" mine fit big in the heel.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7459.JPG
Suede Yenniboots today:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ocho LWBs today.

FullSizeRender 149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads