• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: I was on phone with Alden DC asking about putting me on wait list for Whiskey LHS and they told me that they had 2-3 pairs from the recent batch which haven't been claimed yet. One of them was in my size ( 10D) so I immediately bought one. I don't know what other sizes are available with them, but if you want one it doesn't hurt to call and ask..

Nice! Congrats, looking forward to pics of your pair.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I have this right--semi-brogues are a medallion captoe, right? And full brogue is either a short- or longwing? If so, please help me make sense of this, from, ahem, Brogue:
Full Brogue Medallion Straight Tip Boot.

Pretty sure it's this style - full brogue is referring to the fact that it has the broguing on the heel and up the eyelets/ankle, etc., whereas some Alden boots do not.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, he just prefers alternative facts.

That wasn't mdubs, it was me.

Adam at AOC told me that story about the machine that makes the 6 eyelet chukka broke down and there were no immediate plans to fix it or get a new one.

"The six eyelet chukka will be more of a rarity in the next year or two simply because Alden won’t be making that style for the foreseeable future."

Maybe Adam got bad intel..

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That wasn't mdubs, it was me.

Adam at AOC told me that story about the machine that makes the 6 eyelet chukka broke down and there were no immediate plans to fix it or get a new one.

"The six eyelet chukka will be more of a rarity in the next year or two simply because Alden won’t be making that style for the foreseeable future."

Maybe Adam got bad intel..

The quote there is true - they're not working that style for a little while. I'm still putting in for more 6-eye chukkas when I make my next SMU order.

Speaking of that, I'm locking in SMUs for the next year - anyone have anything they'd like to see?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good morning and greetings - new member here. 

I've always been a bit of a shoe guy but some fellas talked me into the Alden game last fall. Cripe, what a sickness... In six months I have accumulated a pair of 403's, bit loafers, and captoe bluchers in tobacco chamois. I also seem to have accumulated some AE's as I decided to check out the competition, most notably scotch grain First Ave boots. 

Seriously, this is a total rabbit hole. 

I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible such as last sizing and relative values, as I don't have a preference between new or used.

Anyway, thanks for all the info.

Sorry. The internet is terrible. Aldens are the best, though.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PSA: I was on phone with Alden DC asking about putting me on wait list for Whiskey LHS and they told me that they had 2-3 pairs from the recent batch which haven't been claimed yet. One of them was in my size ( 10D) so I immediately bought one. I don't know what other sizes are available with them, but if you want one it doesn't hurt to call and ask..

Appreciate that. They had my size but they have to reach out to the guy who they were for and I have to wait another few days. If its one of you, dont answer the phone until after Friday, please.

Just want you to know this is how the rest of us feel about LS :)

Im not only the president, Im also a client.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Appreciate that. They had my size but they have to reach out to the guy who they were for and I have to wait another few days. If its one of you, dont answer the phone until after Friday, please.
Im not only the president, Im also a client.

Sure, hope you get one. i hope someday someone will post about a NST shoe in Cigar/Ravello and I'll get one in my size

djbanor

Reaction score

Speaking of that, I'm locking in SMUs for the next year - anyone have anything they'd like to see?

Yes! Brown alpine grain WT boots on the Plaza last with brass hardware (eyelets + hooks), natural welt/edge, and Commando soles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members