• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TommyB

Reaction score

Maiden Voyage of the Ravello Chukkas:
IMG_1206_zpskxxmpusz.jpg
Happy Wednesday
No spoiler, these look fantastic. Hope to be able to wear a pair one day.
i love alden natural boot cream. bought it at the sf alden store. i only use very little a couple of times a year, but it "evens" out shell color and does not leave a residue.
Thanks! I need something for a dry spot on my whiskey Harlechs, and the Renovateur isn't really making much of a difference, unfortunately. Regarding the price increase, I live in a country whose currency has taking a real beating over the last few years with regards to the US dollar. The USD is probably up 30% in the last three years, which means the price difference between Alden and a British shoe brand like Crockett&Jones is almost nonexistent nowadays.

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crooked captoe :( but I'll just wear em anyhow. I'm sure most won't notice

gatszu

Reaction score

crooked captoe :( but I'll just wear em anyhow. I'm sure most won't notice

I noticed a lot of Alden cap toes are crooked on the right shoes. I've completely went away from buying Alden captoe. Getting mostly plain to have one less problems to deal with

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy horse hides @JETTASY!! Where did you find a brand new pair of J Crew Ravello LWBs?? Or is this an old pic? Either way, this is a jaw-dropping image!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed a lot of Alden cap toes are crooked on the right shoes. I've completely went away from buying Alden captoe. Getting mostly plain to have one less problems to deal with

I've gotten askew cap toes from Vass and Bonafe as well. :(

bkdc

Reaction score
Yep. Captoe asymmetry is my #1 reason for rejecting Aldens. LOL. Took three tries to get a pair of 9071s that were acceptable.

Did everyone get the e-mail notice from TSM that Alden prices will be going up next week? Does that mean all retailers across the country will be raising their prices? Makes me want to pull the trigger on a few that I've been eyeing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads