• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love it if we could make something in one of those suedes and get 12pr out of it. I'd definitely take a pair (in 4E) for myself on either of those.

I'll check on the stamp - I'm going to need someone to step up and track all these submissions.

I think to make this run smoothly, I'd like to have 10 or so make-ups for us to vote on by the end of Wednesday, then we'll take a vote for a week. Sounds good?

@StrangeJeremy If you need the help by EOD tomorrow, I will comb the thread and create a list of said ideas tomorrow night. Only ideas that are complete enough to suggest an actual makeup. Won't include the "hey maybe this leather in a boot...".

This seems to be the leader.

Can I get a preliminary count on how many people would be into this please?

Also put in Grant VS Plaza for this boot when you reply, and if that's a deal-breaker or not.

Plaza, deal breaker for me, but lets spit out all the options first and see what the forum comes up with? Can you also let us know what widths you would be considering, and your deposit structure for non D width.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score

@StrangeJeremy
 If you need the help by EOD tomorrow, I will comb the thread and create a list of said ideas tomorrow night.  Only ideas that are complete enough to suggest an actual makeup.  Won't include the "hey maybe this leather in a boot...".

Plaza, deal breaker for me, but lets spit out all the options first and see what the forum comes up with?   Can you also let us know what widths you would be considering, and your deposit structure for non D width.  
Might I suggest a Google spreadsheet for people to insert their preferred specs?

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score
@strangejeremy et al, Thanks for the willingness to make a green boot. Would the following be viable?

Reverse hunting green chamois (rough out side)
Barrie
Tanker style
Brass eyelets
Antique edging
Flat welt
Commando

This rugged leather seems more suited for a casual last such as Barrie or trubalance IMHO

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@strangejeremy et al, Thanks for the willingness to make a green boot. Would the following be viable?

Reverse hunting green chamois (rough out side)
Barrie
Tanker style
Brass eyelets
Antique edging
Flat welt
Commando

This rugged leather seems more suited for a casual last such as Barrie or trubalance IMHO
Great build.....of course I am partial to split welt on any tanker that is Barrie. However I am supposed to be in on the captoe reverse from Yenni...though no deposits have been take on that yet as far as I know, so not sure if that is happening. Any have any info on that build or status update?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest a Google spreadsheet for people to insert their preferred specs?

That's a better idea.
fing02[1].gif

I created the sheet, its ready to go, lets get @StrangeJeremy approval and I'll post the link.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's a better idea.
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

I created the sheet, its ready to go, lets get @StrangeJeremy approval and I'll post the link.

APPROVED!

Thank you @CanadaCal !

Deposit structure - I assume these will be around ~$600 with the new pricing in from Alden.

Our usual structure for boots we're going to stock is $100 for D width, 50% for anything other than D.

shunted22

Reaction score
Can you set it to anyone can edit?

It sounds like almost everyone wants boots? Sadly I have enough boots at this point, I'd be more interested in a shoe.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What edge dressing do you use for dark brown?

I had purchased the Fiebing brown but it's too light.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What edge dressing do you use for dark brown?

I had purchased the Fiebing brown but it's too light.
I have used Allen Edmonds brown edge dressing before, but I do not know that I would consider it "dark brown." They also have a chili, which is somewhat lighter than their brown. Perhaps just a dark brown shoe polish for the edges?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics