• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

#4 on a rainy almost snowing day.

Those pants!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

a couple of months ago i posted about some gashes in the leather near the instep of my indy boots:

I eventually sent them back to Alden with the help of Yenni at B+M (she seriously helped me out, she didn't even sell me the boots originally). Alden came back and said that the gashes weren't anything to be concerned with, but they were gonna do a resole for my troubles. i wasn't expecting much as you can't really "repair" tears in leather, but the original welting/stitching was pretty sloppy so a resole sounded nice. not sure what they did exactly because i can't see the gashes anymore, and the boots don't fit any more narrow than before, but they look great. feels like i got a brand new pair of boots. So shout out to Alden and to Yenni!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Awesome story and Yenni is tremendous! Glad that it worked out for the best!

-Mike

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Well as an update, @metals37 recommended I speak with Ed at the shoemart about "getting on the list" for some LWBs in either cigar or whisky. Although I had spoken to him before, I decided to make a concerted effort to actually order a shoe rather than just say I would really like one. The end result is that Ed says I am now "on the list" for a pair but that it will be "at least a year." So time will tell if this will actually occur or if Lucy will pull the football away. In either case, Ed was quite nice and there is at least the promise of something down the road.
It is my experience, and I believe others would agree, that Ed is good people and he will take care of you. I had at a time wondered if I was truly on the list for some #8 boots mdubs had him put together. After a good year and a half I did in fact get a call stating the boots had arrived. I wouldn't worry about it and do you best to forget about the preorder. Time will fly by and before you know you'll get a call.
Well said. If there wasn't the white stitching on S&S's and was instead murdered out, I'd a voted for that one.
Jussayin

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is my experience, and I believe others would agree, that Ed is good people and he will take care of you. I had at a time wondered if I was truly on the list for some #8 boots mdubs had him put together. After a good year and a half I did in fact get a call stating the boots had arrived. I wouldn't worry about it and do you best to forget about the preorder. Time will fly by and before you know you'll get a call.

Jussayin

LOL! No doubt. The things a sharpie can do. I use them on the furniture!

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jussayin

Ha!

I'm gonna do that to the white stitchdown on the "murdered" out Viberg black waxed flesh boots and black oil tan work oxfords I just ordered on the SF GMTO.

andiandi

Reaction score

Looks like Lakota House just got a run of Dovers and Cap Toe shoes in Espresso shell for their 25th anniversary. This is a new color for Alden but appears to be a standard Horween color. It looks a lot like Cigar with slightly less olive in it, appears to be slightly darker too.

Here's the Japanese blog post describing the Dover and Lakota House's 25th anniversary: http://aldenstyle.com/2016/12/23/alden-espresso-plain/ Wonder if we'll see a few other shops get special runs in Espresso like when Alden had some #2 and #4. One pair of each style was on the TSM seconds list recently (TSM labeled both as Cigar). The Cap Toe is N6406 and appears to be on Barrie, while the Dover is N6405 and is on Modified.

Dover (N6405):

Cap Toe (N6406):

Horween Espresso shell:

Wow! Those cap toes are immaculate!!!

Nice patina here on my father-in-law's #8s!

ptr1988

Reaction score
Hi, so I just received my first pair of alden shoes, snuff seude chukka. I have a question. What are these white marks and how do you get rid of them? These white marks appears on each shoe. It doesnt come off. Would you return these shoes because of the marks? Thanks

anyone? I dont know if i should exchange them

gnu

Reaction score
^ Looks like chalk from the build. I have it on a pair of chamois and my snuff suede boots. Suede brush or just deal with it. I did the later and they fade with wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads