• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, since I am learning about Alden (thus my presence here) do you have any favorite sellers you buy Alden's from? My concern is that I am not sure what last I would fit in and I understand many of these companies have a no return policy. How do you handle this?

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just follow the VERY detailed instructions I gave. First and foremost is to create an account. Second of which is to log in. You will only get search results if you do this. If not, they are hidden.

Do you have to create a new account even if you have one?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still did not work and I followed the instructions to the letter. Gave me the same results. Anyone else have any luck?

The direct link once you are logged in is: https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-exclusive

The original instructions, if you had not activated your account, were to reset your password first. So maybe try that if you still are not having any luck.

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The direct link once you are logged in is: https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-exclusive

The original instructions, if you had not activated your account, were to reset your password first. So maybe try that if you still are not having any luck.

Thanks but even with that link and being signed in it gives me a 404 error. Link does not exist.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
You may also want to clear your browser cache and try again or use a different browser. TSM website is glitchy. For example, for a while it would not let me log in on Firefox abut it was fine on Chrome. Good luck.

zennypoo

Reaction score
Try a different browser with TSM website, I had the same problem on Chrome before and switching to Firefox or Safari fixed the issue.

If the problem continues, give TSM a call- they will sort you out quickly.

zennypoo

Reaction score
AoM version of the color 8 tanker boot:
Note the extra line of stitch at the ankle as @JSO1 mentioned before.

I personally like buying from AoM, Yenni from B+M, and Kathy from Alden DC. Between the three shops you'll be able to cover a variety of designs, get on wait list for exotics, and have good customer service. Another shop to keep an eye out for is Leffot, they have some really classic models like the Naval boot and Bristol boot.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, since I am learning about Alden (thus my presence here) do you have any favorite sellers you buy Alden's from? My concern is that I am not sure what last I would fit in and I understand many of these companies have a no return policy. How do you handle this?
Look at the first post on this thread.
Please.

AMD500

Reaction score
AoM version of the color 8 tanker boot:
Note the extra line of stitch at the ankle as @JSO1 mentioned before.

I personally like buying from AoM, Yenni from B+M, and Kathy from Alden DC. Between the three shops you'll be able to cover a variety of designs, get on wait list for exotics, and have good customer service. Another shop to keep an eye out for is Leffot, they have some really classic models like the Naval boot and Bristol boot.
The Shoe Mart is great too. They have a great return policy.

AMD500

Reaction score
Speaking of 7-eyelet boots, these beauties arrived a few days ago. They're on the Hampton last. Sadly, my foot is a bit too wide for them. They're likely going back.
Sent you a PM about these. Might be interested if they don't work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads