• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the stories of beater boots.  As much as I love what I see from mDubs, Mac, etc. it is really cool to see the warhorses! (I think that is the perfect term, considering...)

These are as close as I get (pic from yesterday)
lw98GaVl.jpg

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who only owns one pair of Aldens, #8 Shell Alt-Weins, I marvel at the footwear I see here. Especially the boots.

Is there one or two online places where you all find your awesome boots? And a place where you find good deals on used Aldens? Ebay mostly?

Thanks.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As someone who only owns one pair of Aldens, #8 Shell Alt-Weins, I marvel at the footwear I see here. Especially the boots.

Is there one or two online places where you all find your awesome boots? And a place where you find good deals on used Aldens? Ebay mostly?

Thanks.

For used Aldens you are usually limited to Ebay and the Buy & Sell listings here on the forum.

Some of the Alden retailers carry stock models of boots. Check out the very first post in this thread for a list of Alden retailers. This list includes the URL of most of the websites, and a few are no longer accurate.

I find a fairly large percentage of the boots here on the forum are group Made To Order boots submitted by a specific retailer and are not stock and are not available otherwise. Most of the boots are created in C, D and E width. This with very narrow or wide feet have far fewer options.

My experience is that the retailers are fairly uniform on charging the standard rate for the boots and shoes.

Theshoemart.com carried boots and shoes and they also offer factory seconds at a discount. You will have to create an account online first, and then search the website with "Alden FD" to see the seconds. Be sure to check out http://brickmortarseattle.com/shoes.html and just have yourself a "boot-gasam."

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For used Aldens you are usually limited to Ebay and the Buy & Sell listings here on the forum.

Some of the Alden retailers carry stock models of boots. Check out the very first post in this thread for a list of Alden retailers. This list includes the URL of most of the websites, and a few are no longer accurate.

I find a fairly large percentage of the boots here on the forum are group Made To Order boots submitted by a specific retailer and are not stock and are not available otherwise. Most of the boots are created in C, D and E width. This with very narrow or wide feet have far fewer options.

My experience is that the retailers are fairly uniform on charging the standard rate for the boots and shoes.

Theshoemart.com carried boots and shoes and they also offer factory seconds at a discount. You will have to create an account online first, and then search the website with "Alden FD" to see the seconds. Be sure to check out http://brickmortarseattle.com/shoes.html and just have yourself a "boot-gasm."

Thank you!

RTD1

Reaction score
Stopped by Alden DC today (I'm on vacation with the family) and picked up a pair of #8 Shell LWB's. Having them shipped to avoid the tax. This will be my second pair of Aldens (first being the PTB's, also in #8 Shell, that I bought from Sherman Brothers suburban location). I hope to god I don't end up with as many pairs of Aldens as I have AE's or I'll be in the poorhouse.

Last edited:

BCHopeful

Reaction score
Heard from Yenni that these have arrived - NST Natural CXL 6 Eyelet Chukka on Plaza... Came in a month early...

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king pt boot
argyles otc

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i'm an 8.5 on a brannock, does that usually mean i buy an 8.5 on a shoe? as in, the brannock already accounts for extra "space" that all shoes need a bit of. or is it generally better to take the brannock plus a bit (so buy a 9).

Not sure if this is so related to Aldens, but just general questioning (for those brands that are true to brannock scale).

Thanks

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Quick snap of the Cigar LWBs at the coffee shop today:

My beaters. Cigar captoes. Then again, I don't think twice about wearing any or my shell shoes in any conditions. That's the beauty of shell. You just brush the sh*t out of it and it looks new again. Wear your shoes gentlemen!

Whiskey wednesday.

ravello ct boot
argyles otc

c3a834dc0fcf4ba99442d5e02cac88f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom half from Frans Boone. Incotex donegal and Parajumpers.

To continue the well-worn boot/shoe theme... First, Leffot King Naval Boots.

Next, AoC AF53's. They've been through a lot.

Last, Leffot Dovers. About to clean them - they see at least twice weekly rotation. So comfortable.

Enjoy!

Unlined Tan Suede LHS Flex Welt.

Indys on a glacier in Iceland!

Gunboat never fails at the job site!!!

whiskey x aom

Not a glacier in Iceland, but the food truck lines can be scary? Waiting in style with the Alden x J Crew Indys

cbbd78f5d3e94e847af5fbd2bda24c55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New vs old:
Alden 9901 PTB

I bought the one on the left in 1999 and the other one in 2015. Ironically the old one looks somewhat nicer haha - but it was a long and rainy day today so...
smile.gif

Great pairing DonL an MrDV today.. Shorts again today for me as usual this time of the year. Anxiously awaiting Fall to wear my boots..

I'm digging the stories of beater boots. As much as I love what I see from mDubs, Mac, etc. it is really cool to see the warhorses! (I think that is the perfect term, considering...)

These are as close as I get (pic from yesterday)
lw98GaVl.jpg

A few more Naval boot pictures, because, well, why not?

#4 on the 4th

Heard from Yenni that these have arrived - NST Natural CXL 6 Eyelet Chukka on Plaza... Came in a month early...

king pt boot
argyles otc

Gents, all of these clean and warhorses are looking great over the last day or so! Thank you all for sharing! :)

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Earlier mornings on busy days means barely any light for photos...

Whiskey Wednesday. Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Chukka Boots. LBM Linen Blend Khaki Trousers.

Ravello Thursday. Alden x LeatherSoul Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Monks. Epaulet x Hertling Lightweight Khaki Twill Walt Trouser.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads