• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its a PTB #8 Friday for me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My long awaited Snuff Suede Roy Boots from Context Clothing are finally in. I ordered these back in May of 2015 and it seems like that should be too long to wait for some boots that are not an exotic shell cordovan, but the wait just makes it that much sweeter... or at least that's what I tell myself! :nodding:

Now I just need to wait a few more days for them to make it to my house.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm with you
(took the eBay finds out to make sure the fit was as good as I thought) strictly-speaking, I'm not sure if these are officially Color 8

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mac, those are probably my favorite Alden. I just love this makeup, it is perfect for San Diego! Your pair looks superb and I am sure that you are looking dapper in them!

Mac, those Ravello WTs are just extraordinary. Such a beautiful color, shine, and pattern.

-Mike

nephew,
thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A busy (suede) week for me in San Diego... Tassel Tuesday. Alden Navy Suede Tassel Loafer. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Luigi Bianchi Mantova Tan Linen Blend Khakis.
nephew, looking very good in your navy tassel, chocolate suede tanker boots and snuff suede lhs
Wednesday. Alden Chocolate Suede Tanker Boot. Brown Argyles. Epaulet Lightweight Khaki Twill Walt Trouser.
Thursday. Alden Tan Suede LHS. Gustin Khaki Selvedge Chinos.
-Mike
nephew, looking very well in your navy suede tassel, chocolate suede nst boot and snuff suede lhs

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

orscbn.jpg

king tassel
argyles otc

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I broke a damn lace on the "new" derbies (I get the feeling these were an attic find), so I'm hunting around for 3mm flat waxed laces in a 75cm burgundy-toned brown...

These might be in the neighborhood...

Laces Express or whatever didn't seem to have flat laces that narrow and their colors aren't very nuanced - any other recommendations?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I broke a damn lace on the "new" derbies (I get the feeling these were an attic find), so I'm hunting around for 3mm flat waxed laces in a 75cm burgundy-toned brown...

These might be in the neighborhood...

Laces Express or whatever didn't seem to have flat laces that narrow and their colors aren't very nuanced - any other recommendations?

I bought these and like them, just a dark brown though. Shown below laced in my AE Leeds.

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/c...brown-flat-waxed-shoe-laces?variant=126583392

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mdubs your suede this week was gorgeous and an inspiration! Oldies but goodies...

Alden for J Crew Shortwing Bluchers (J Crew Ludlow Slim Fit cotton Suiting pants, red and white thin lines)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I'm with you

(took the eBay finds out to make sure the fit was as good as I thought)
strictly-speaking, I'm not sure if these are officially Color 8

Both of your Color 8 PTBs are looking great. They look great with both jeans and slacks!

nephew,
looking very well in your navy suede tassel, chocolate suede nst boot and snuff suede lhs

Thank you very much Mac!

orscbn.jpg

king tassel
argyles otc

Your Color 8 Tassels are looking just great today. Their shine is looking great and they have a nice eggplant color to them!

I bought these and like them, just a dark brown though. Shown below laced in my AE Leeds.

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/c...brown-flat-waxed-shoe-laces?variant=126583392

Your Unlined #8's were looking great today Burzan!

@mdubs your suede this week was gorgeous and an inspiration! Oldies but goodies...

Alden for J Crew Shortwing Bluchers (J Crew Ludlow Slim Fit cotton Suiting pants, red and white thin lines)

Glad to inspire my friend. It was a very hot week for San Diego this week, so Suede seemed very appropriate. Your Crew Bluchers are looking stellar. Thats a cool pattern with the Tan and Eyelets and the WT pattern.

I don't have many Alden's left anymore...but these Ravello LHS's are a staple IMO.

Looking good MrV. The Ravello LHSes are a great makeup. Sorry to hear that you don't have many Aldens anymore....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads