• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are fewer and fewer color 8 boots being made with dark edges and on leather soles?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are fewer and fewer color 8 boots being made with dark edges and on leather soles?

Just another passing fad.

It will all come around again.

I like the antique with #8, just not as much as black.

Also, I would rather have a leather sole with Topy's than commando or crepe.

But, I guess I am just an old fogey.
old-fogey.gif

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just another passing fad.

It will all come around again.

I like the antique with #8, just not as much as black.

Also, I would rather have a leather sole with Topy's than commando or crepe.

But, I guess I am just an old fogey.
old-fogey.gif

I was blown away by the antique edge with color 8 combos when first getting into Alden and now I am drawn to the black edge. I do still love my Leffot tankers and I think it's because its still a bit darker of an antique edge and the flat welt keeps the color to a minimum compared to a storm welt.

I actually would love to get pair of plaza last cap toe boots on double leather in 2016. Maybe all eyelets though. No clue if anyone is making such a beast at the moment.

gilby

Reaction score
day 4. Alden #8

back row: sw x bb, halleck x unionmade, plaza x frans boone, cap toe boots, tanker x leffot, saddles
front row: saddles x leffot, nst, alt wien x epaulet, lwb, tassels x bb
Lovely collection sir. Do you find that you get much use out of the tankers and Plaza Dr. Jones boots.
I have booth as well and find my tankers get the majority of wear.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackbird via AODC Black Grain and Color 8 Saddles

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just another passing fad. It will all come around again. I like the antique with #8, just not as much as black. Also, I would rather have a leather sole with Topy's than commando or crepe. But, I guess I am just an old fogey.
old-fogey.gif
I was blown away by the antique edge with color 8 combos when first getting into Alden and now I am drawn to the black edge. I do still love my Leffot tankers and I think it's because its still a bit darker of an antique edge and the flat welt keeps the color to a minimum compared to a storm welt. I actually would love to get pair of plaza last cap toe boots on double leather in 2016. Maybe all eyelets though. No clue if anyone is making such a beast at the moment.
I have the exact Plaza color 8 boots in the pic. They are one of my favorite pair of boots, regardless of maker. :nodding:

HenryIII

Reaction score
day 4. Alden #8

back row: sw x bb, halleck x unionmade, plaza x frans boone, cap toe boots, tanker x leffot, saddles
Great, diverse collection. Some classics mixed with some "exotic" make-ups. Interesting to see the color variation across some, which I assume is somewhat due to age and wear, but also vintage.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

day 4. Alden #8 back row: sw x bb, halleck x unionmade, plaza x frans boone, cap toe boots, tanker x leffot, saddles front row: saddles x leffot, nst, alt wien x epaulet, lwb, tassels x bb
Nice collection of color 8. It's the best shell color. :D

Alpina

Reaction score

HenryIII

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for my new 9015s. I chose a suit just to wear them. My footwear choice now dictates my wardrobe choice

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Blackbird via AODC Black Grain and Color 8 Saddles

Love the Grain/Ocho Saddle shoe Don. They look good with your argyles and herringbone slacks.

I was blown away by the antique edge with color 8 combos when first getting into Alden and now I am drawn to the black edge. I do still love my Leffot tankers and I think it's because its still a bit darker of an antique edge and the flat welt keeps the color to a minimum compared to a storm welt.

I actually would love to get pair of plaza last cap toe boots on double leather in 2016. Maybe all eyelets though. No clue if anyone is making such a beast at the moment.

Color 8 and Black is classic and will never go out of style. Those are an amazing looking pair of boots.

day 4. Alden #8

Nice looking collection of Color 8 DV, nice balance there.

Long time no post, this thread seems like it's moving faster than ever and is nearly impossible to keep up with anymore! Whiskey Wednesday for me today:

Very nice Buz! Looking good in your Whiskey. I am rocking my rain gear this week here, so no Whiskey today... :-(

Alden x LS alpine grain WTB in bright crisp sunshine.

Your Grains are looking very nice. Great with those Brass Eyelets.

Gentlemen,

One of the reasons why I reacted so strongly against the Alden exotic price gouging is because I have several exotic models that I would like to sell.

Obviously, I would like them to stay in the community here.

If you don't want to pay a grand for an Alden Whiskey Cordovan Wingtip Boot, then I have a pair that have been worn 4-5 max.

Size US 10E 379X last from 14oz in Berlin. They are firsts and in better condition that the irregulars on the Bay.

I just snapped this pic about 10 min ago:

image_zpsjpevrr6e.jpeg

No smoking mirrors or fog machines. No bait and switch. No Jedi mind tricks. Just my IMMACULATE boots for you.

I offered these privately first to some and now publicly to all.

I am just looking to recoup my costs.

Thanks.

PM me if interested.

Joel, your Whiskey Wingtip Boots are looking superb. Good luck with those!

-Mike

totalair1

Reaction score
,My Frans Boone #8 CT Boot with brass eyelets on Grant last landed today. I've not tried on yet, but know they fit.
Nice medium eggplant color #8...I'm very pleased. In addition no issues with fees from UPS. Sing here and that's it!

All I need to complete my shell cordovan Cap Toe boot collection is Whiskey and Black. Not including a unicorn #4 in big foot size.

Nice posts lately with excellent make ups lately!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads