• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't emailed back yet (or decided).I waited years for cigar wingtips only to be disappointed with them when they arrived. I really don't want to steal a spot for something I may not like when it arrives. It's such a crapshoot. What if I love them?

there's only one choice for anyone in your position.

you buy them and if you end up not liking them, I'm sure someone here will take them. what size are you?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always resell a cigar Indy boot, dark or light cigar, for at least cost, so I would advise you go ahead with it. I've said this before but IMO it may be the best makeup available

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's only one choice for anyone in your position.

you buy them and if you end up not liking them, I'm sure someone here will take them. what size are you?

You can always resell a cigar Indy boot, dark or light cigar, for at least cost, so I would advise you go ahead with it. I've said this before but IMO it may be the best makeup available

I'm common size.
I'll likely go ahead with them it required no money upfront anyways.
I haven't boughten any Aldens yet this year. These are ETA 6 months. I just got tired of waiting years for boots when you can easily get something very similar from other retailers. It's not a one to one comparison but if I buy Alden it's one less Viberg.
1f61d.png

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only Vibergs I owned almost killed me due to the slippery Dainite soles. I also like being able to get boots in wide widths...

Better tanker photos:

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those E width @Alcibiades?

Mine are shipped!

Last edited:

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be preemptive. I did in fact get a spot on the cigar indys. Been lusting over them for years. Just need Ravello daytrippers and my rare shell is pretty much done.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only Vibergs I owned almost killed me due to the slippery Dainite soles. I also like being able to get boots in wide widths...

Better tanker photos:

i don't really like tankers, but these are fire

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to be preemptive. I did in fact get a spot on the cigar indys. Been lusting over them for years. Just need Ravello daytrippers and my rare shell is pretty much done.

congrats. i still need the ravello wingtip boot.

TommyB

Reaction score

I assume you are joking. Why would you regret passing on a pair of $700+ boots that is not in your size?

I wasn't joking. It could be more than just a few years before I get a shot at a pair of Whiskey Tankers again, and one size up in width is only like 3/16 of an inch wider, which isn't that much on a boot, so could've been worth buying them. And if they would've been too roomy in the end, I could easily have sold them without losing any money.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tricky

Yes they are the exact same ones.

Thanks! I may need these in my life.

Edit - These are now in my life...or will be whenever they arrive.

Good call. Mine have found more wear than any other footwear since they arrived a few weeks ago. Footwear normally needs time to find a place in the rotation, but these did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads