• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing of the B+M reverse tobaccos

AMD500

Reaction score

Relaxing in some OLD fullstraps loafers. Wish I could find more aberdeen loafers in size 9.5E. Fits my foot perfectly

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Alden Boot recently caught my eye, what's this model called? Shares characteristics with your typical Viberg service boot

Here is a pair I got from the Shoemart sale recently. These are size 9E. The color and fit on these is great with some inserts. I am guessing a 9D would have fit me as I also wear a 9D in the barrie. Still debating if I will keep them or not.

And some comparison pictures with the 9.5D JCrew PCT boots. Granted they are not the same size but should give you an idea about the shape of the last. Not very exited about the shape of the last. The PCT boots look sleek next to these..

sl

Disco Volante

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of Alden doing plaza last with commando soles? Would it look stupid?

Specifically looking for black shell wing tips, exposed black eyes and hooks.

jvc44

Reaction score
The plaza FransBoone Indy with commando is killer! Wingtip will be just as nice!

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Anyone ever hear of Alden doing plaza last with commando soles? Would it look stupid?

For what it's worth, while not shell, the recent TO Tie Guy Snuff suede WT boot ran by Epaulet is plaza/commando also.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

apologies for the poor pic, but the recent J.Gilbert #8 WT is on plaza w/ commando

Alden of Carmel

Reaction score

Hey Disco

We introduced a full line of Plaza last commando sole make-ups around 2000-2003 (about 8 different styles). You can see some of them here: https://www.alden-of-carmel.com/the-alden-of-carmel-story.htm#s_102

When we started working with J.Gilbert Footwear around 2007/2008, we basically turned the Plaza last make-up business over to them, and worked with them to design the Plaza last commando sole boot series: Color 8 Plaza Commando Sole Wing Tip Boot, Color 8 Plaza Commando Sole Plain Toe Boot, Color 8 Plaza Commando Sole Norwegian Front Boot, Color 8 Plaza Commando Sole Straight Tip Boot, and Black Shell Cordovan Plaza Commando Sole Medallion Tip boot.

Brick + Mortar is now taking over these styles, so if you are interested, the person to contact is Yenni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads