• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

just another fool

Reaction score
I don't know where you live so i don't know what you get there, but the old weller 107 is a steal at $22 a bottle if you want bourbon/ can get it. Makes a hell of an old fashioned, too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
guys need refreshing poolside drink to make with tequila thats easy and good, what to mix witit

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I accidently made an awesome margarita last weekend with fresh squeezed lime and guava juice. add pineapple wedge for sweetness. Perfect summer color too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
help me out park

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do that awesome-sounding paloma thing that PPPP and Nil posted a few pages back. It's first on my list once I'm back in a place with tequila.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
For Rum, El Dorado 5 year or 12 year (the 12 should come in right around $30, maybe a little more). In the $30-40 range, Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, Pampero Anniversario or El Dorado 15 year (Diplomatico and Pampero are in the darker, sweeter, after dinner/cigar rum category, while El Dorado is more whiskey-like).

cthip

Reaction score

You can low-brow and just do tequila+

do it

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
Paloma is the best way to go, IMO the "classier" grapefruit juice + club soda isn't actually as good as using Jarritos, Izze, or even Squirt or Polar 50/50. Just be sure to give it the touch of lime.

Lunazul Blanco is my preferred tequila for it, ridiculously cheap, flavor carries well, 100% blue agave, what's not to like?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
thanks gents I copped some 7up before i saw these posts, will get some squirt too not sure if I can find jarritos nearby

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some grapefruit Izzes and limes sitting around, about to make a Paloma this wknd w/ Azul Reposado tequila, heard it was the best at the price but alas it sits on my shelf unopened

jesask

Reaction score

Had a BBQ at my place yesterday. Wanted something a little out of the ordinary (at least in these parts):

I made one for my mother in law a few weeks ago and that is now what she asks for whenever she comes over. It's a great summer drink.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations for high quality/smooth small batch tequila and rum? $30 and under plz

I've been enjoying Zaya rum lately. It won't run you much more than $25 or so.

I've just spent the last two nights up until dawn sipping Old Fashioneds made with Bulleit Rye. My life is odd.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had my first pimms cup tonight, complete with fruit and lemonade. What a delicious beverage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads