• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sam5p

Reaction score
why are you putting a lining in this.
it is not supposed to have one.
It is a bad idea.
there is no where to attach the lining by the zipper.
there is no facing.

just wear a sweater if it gets cold.

seriously, it is the wrong thing to do.

Carl

I'm leaning to your way of thinking. Thanks for the input:)

brianoh

Reaction score
Sorry to be a pest guys, there's a lot to read here. I just need simple suit alterations done right the first time between 14th St and Chinatownish area. Any suggestions?

edit: after going 3 pages deep, looks like I'm going to LNC.

Last edited:

Superglu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a tailor to alter a new Kiton overcoat by slimming down the sleeves and taking in the waist. I'm willing to pay a decent amount for it since I don't want to mess up such an expensive coat and I have high expectations for how I want it to look. After doing some research, I've narrowed it down to Leonard Logsdail, Nino Corvato, Sam Wazin, and Ercole. If anyone has any advice for me on those tailors, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you have mentioned custom tailors. They make their own clothing.
I doubt, they want to mess around with your Kiton overcoat

I could be mistaken.

If they are not busy and want to work on your coat, you will be seriously over charged.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a tailor to alter a new Kiton overcoat by slimming down the sleeves and taking in the waist.  I'm willing to pay a decent amount for it since I don't want to mess up such an expensive coat and I have high expectations for how I want it to look.  After doing some research, I've narrowed it down to Leonard Logsdail, Nino Corvato, Sam Wazin, and Ercole.  If anyone has any advice for me on those tailors, I would appreciate it very much.  Thank you!

You've actually narrowed it down to only one as the only one there that will alter your coat is Sam Wazin. Maybe Ercole, but I don't know him so can't say.

etostano

Reaction score
I've seen Ercole (Frank) take alterations work in Brooklyn (his Manhattan space is definitely not set up for that), but it might be only for existing clients.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen Ercole (Frank) take alterations work in Brooklyn (his Manhattan space is definitely not set up for that), but it might be only for existing clients.

I've done many times and have not bought MTM or bespoke from him.

robw

Reaction score
I have done plenty of alterations at Ercole's brooklyn shop. No hard sell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads