• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
You are the sale of Cistes .
no, I raised an alternative when someone raised another brand in the beginning.

you sell for Michael at 4469# and mislead consumers by saying going to your preferred tailor shop costs less than going to BaoTou. You want to mislead consumers to go to your preferred tailor shop, the fact is going to BaoTou costs less than going to tailor shops, including your preferred tailor shop.

Sales people from tailor shops are the people who make troubles to tailor shops. They disturb BaoTou to make proper fittings for customers? this is the so-called service for customers, and that is one of the seasons no service from BaoTou is much better than going to that kind of tailor shop. Instead of complaining about BaoTou issue, you should complain those tailor shop sales who make troubles to tailor shops.

This is what you said at 4469#:
full canvas 2 piece Fresco is hkd5800 , half canvas 2 pc Dugdale New Few worsted is hkd4k. It is around 20% cheaper than go to Baotou direct.

For 2 pcs suit, CMT BaoTou, new customer pay max HK$2.8k workmanship for full canvas, max HK$2k workmanship half canvas. Fabric is extra.
For fabric, Fresco for 52 British pound / meter + shipping, Dugdale for HK$450/yard in HK.
I need 3 meter / 3.3yard for my suit. ie. HK$4.xk for Fresco full canvas, HK$3.xk for Dugdale half canvas.
Going to Michael costs more than going to BaoTou.
We got the same product from BaoTou. Going to BaoTou is value.

Why you want to mislead consumers?

Last edited:

Hifilover

Reaction score
no, I raised an alternative when someone raised another brand in the beginning.

you sell for Michael at 4469# and mislead consumers by saying going to your preferred tailor shop costs less than going to BaoTou. You want to mislead consumers to go to your preferred tailor shop, the fact is going to BaoTou costs less than going to tailor shops, including your preferred tailor shop.

Sales people from tailor shops are the people who make troubles to tailor shops. They disturb BaoTou to make proper fittings for customers? this is the so-called service for customers, and that is one of the seasons no service from BaoTou is much better than going to that kind of tailor shop. Instead of complaining about BaoTou issue, you should complain those tailor shop sales who make troubles to tailor shops.

I never said go to tailor shop is cheaper than go to Baotou . What your said is go to baotou saves 50 %.
I pick a counter example only .

I am not a sale , I am a consumer .

flvinny521

Reaction score
Seems like, after almost exactly ten years, this thread has run its course and should be locked permanently.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Seems like, after almost exactly ten years, this thread has run its course and should be locked permanently.
They just want to use this platform to sell for their tailor shop brands. That's why they say the same things for 10 years, over 200 pages of tailor shop advertisements, mislead consumers to go to their preferred tailor shops. When they see an alternative issue and especially it costs less, they become mad. They will keep selling in this forum.

I think consumers would be more interested on Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong, 170#
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/best-value-tailor-in-hong-kong.68785/page-9

Last edited:

flvinny521

Reaction score
They just want to use this platform to sell for their tailor shop brands. That's why they say the same things for 10 years, over 200 pages of tailor shop advertisements, mislead consumers to go to their preferred tailor shops. When they see an alternative issue and especially it costs less, they become mad. They will keep selling in this forum.

I think consumers would be more interested on Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong, 170#

Your posts are the primary reason I feel that way.

Hifilover

Reaction score
I never said go to tailor shop is cheaper than go to Baotou . What your said is go to baotou saves 50 %.
I pick a counter example only .

I am not a sale , I am a consumer .
Not true, Michael's full canvas 2 piece Fresco is hkd5800 , half canvas 2 pc Dugdale New Few worsted is hkd4k. It is around 20% cheaper than go to Baotou direct.

Correction.
Going to Michael (tailor shop) is 20% more expensive than buy own fabric and go to Baotou in Mirador direct.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that we all get your point. I'm asking you as the administrator to please stop talking about this subject, and move on.

Cheers,

Fok.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, so SF now has this new interface? I haven't been here for a while I guess

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I think that we all get your point. I'm asking you as the administrator to please stop talking about this subject, and move on.

Cheers,

Fok.
Who will tell those tailor shop sales people to move on when they mislead consumers? You? Did you really get my point? It's their daily job here.

Members want to check info here before they spend. We, consumers don't want to be misled.

PekingRoad.

Last edited:

kwoknero

Reaction score
Hmm.... The thread original intentions is a collection of various tailors shops in Hong Kong. Whether there are various sales actively promote their tailor's shops or not? I don't see it, all I see various people posting their pre/mid/finish products with their tailors.

PekingRoad you came in with baotou information, which provided consumers with another alternative. That's great for consumers. Let's just leave it at that, some people will use baotou and some will use tailors. No need to bash one and promote another. It is not useful to improve the quality of the thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads