• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taibeebee

Reaction score
I am a long time SF lurker. I think for this kind of SF forum, we came here to share and learn things that we love. However, it is very unprofessional to create personal war to use SF threads as the tool. Gentlemen, pleaase stop this kind of behaviour and move on.

aton

Reaction score
Hi taibeebee, welcome on board. :D
Would add : no more promotions / commercials in this thread, please.

Last edited:

mousefifth

Reaction score
hey guys, sorry for creating such a war of words. this is not my intention.

for those who are still unclear, let me clarify and emphasize:

what I mean shameful skill is Classic Car emphazise more than once that he is independent of that workshop but then ACTIVELY pm members to attract business, saying something like, "hey my friend, I can introduce a tailor to you, Im independent from that workshop, not earning money from that , I introduce just because we both love suit, etc". But of course, many people finally realised that the workshop is a cooperation between him with that tailor. He also earns money by mark up of fabrics in that workshop.

Dont you think it is personal intregrity problem?From my point of view, it is dishonesty and even a fraud. This is the exact reason why many people in that local forum feel sick with him but he seems never realize he has his own problem.

I think no one will doubt proper business skills. You can see Gordon Yao, Moda Republic, etc are doing advertisement in style forum but they never hide themselves.

I understand different people have different value of judgement. If you feel fine with his skills, thats fine and I cant stop you.

Last edited:

Kenny Lo

Reaction score
hey guys, sorry for creating such a war of words. this is not my intention.

for those who are still unclear, let me clarify and emphasize:

what I mean shameful skill is Classic Car emphazise more than once that he is independent of that workshop but then ACTIVELY pm members to attract business, saying something like, "hey my friend, I can introduce a tailor to you, Im independent from that workshop, not earning money from that , I introduce just because we both love suit, etc". But of course, many people finally realised that the workshop is a cooperation between him with that tailor. He also earns money by mark up of fabrics in that workshop.

Dont you think it is personal intregrity problem?From my point of view, it is dishonesty and even a fraud. This is the exact reason why many people in that local forum feel sick with him but he seems never realize he has his own problem.

I think no one will doubt proper business skills. You can see Gordon Yao, Moda Republic, etc are doing advertisement in style forum but they never hide themselves.

I understand different people have different value of judgement. If you feel fine with his skills, thats fine and I cant stop you.
according to my experience, there are no fabric in classic car shop. They just provide CMT service.

MarcusL

Reaction score
Agreed, to my experience, I don't believe that classic car sell fabric at the spot, he often suggest to go get it urself and only provide cmt

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guess we all are intelligent enough to take forum posts with a pinch of salt :)

I agree.

Large tub full of salt I think but such folk need to be challenged as they will just repeat it until they realise people do not believe them. If they did realise that, they would not start.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am wondering if they welcome new comers for looking fabric and buy less amount

I suggest one to visit the premises during weekday... And ensure you are going to buy something from them.

They are real whole seller and doesn't like individual customer buying cut lengths in the first place.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Any idea of the price range?
The asnqwe for this question will be too vague. From all these merchant, it can go from $400-$500 for standard worsted to $5000 for luxury overcoating.

monkeymajik

Reaction score
I suggest one to visit the premises during weekday... And ensure you are going to buy something from them.

They are real whole seller and doesn't like individual customer buying cut lengths in the first place.

haha, thanks. Is that mean you will take someone go there for cut length?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VBC super 120  wool worsted, made in Italy, HK$180 per yd at Kwong Hing.

OK... But that shows a full range of price should be expected.

haha, thanks. Is that mean you will take someone go there for cut length?

Not really, just do not treat the place like a retail shop and walk around. I only go when I know I NEED to buy something, not like causal visit with out business.

monkeymajik

Reaction score
OK... But that shows a full range of price should be expected.
Not really, just do not treat the place like a retail shop and walk around. I only go when I know I NEED to buy something, not like causal visit with out business.

I get your mean. so they allow individual customer cut their fabric when they do already know what they want right?
I have some idea for buying fabrics but just not sure if they welcomed.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get your mean. so they allow individual customer cut their fabric when they do already know what they want right?
I have some idea for buying fabrics but just not sure if they welcomed.

I think as long as you know what you need from the shop, do pay them a visit.

Be warned, they do take cards for payment. All cash preferred.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads