• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carpenters are starting to pull the "be here Wednesday thru Friday next week" **** on me.

Told him that if his schedule becomes variable, so does the fixed price we negotiated.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot find carpenter in my neck of the woods for almost a year. Stone cutters are everywhere, carpenters are NOT.
Replacing entrance door to our building. It is going to be Wrought-iron lace backed by bulletproof glass.
Similar design to this. Should cost around 6-7K
45913e7c1bd8997948163feb2fbd5625.jpg

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrought iron-Roth IRA

brokencycle

Reaction score
I cannot find carpenter in my neck of the woods for almost a year. Stone cutters are everywhere, carpenters are NOT.
Replacing entrance door to our building. It is going to be Wrought-iron lace backed by bulletproof glass.
View attachment 847249

Don't you live in wonderful and safe Europe? Why do you need bullet proof glass?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you live in wonderful and safe Europe? Why do you need bullet proof glass?
Cause it is thick glass, laminated to flexible membranes and the best for keeping the sound out during the day. This house is located on a busy street and would benefit from washable sound reduction barrier.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
View attachment 847249

Pricing sounds about right. We just did a similar door for our front entrance, a little big bigger though, and pricing about the same. No bullet proof glass though as my HOA does not allow shootings.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Cannot wait until my outdoor kitchen/ramada is finished.

Oh, 10 more pounds of fireglass arrived Saturday. I just wanted to top it up. It's so pretty at night.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, so inspection report is in. Sellers misrepresented the age of the roof, and 1 of the furnace/ac units. Also some fairly major electrical issues (48 circuits in a box designed for 40 circuits).

We had our minds set on this house, but it is turning into a money pit. Hopefully we get some sort of help from the sellers either financially or otherwise. I also wouldn't mind walking away from it.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Generally it's not physically possible to get 48 circuits into a box designed for 40, since it only has 40 slots.

Did they physically alter the bus bar or the breakers so they could put tandem breakers in where they're not supposed to be, or what?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads