• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We started the process of clearing out and taking down the old house today. We're trying to do it carefully so we can salvage as much usable stuff as possible - today I was mainly taking apart kitchen cabinets and deconstructing built-in bookshelves. Doing this was actually a bit sad, but the sadness was easily outweighed by the disbelief that we managed to live in such a cold, damp, mouse-infested place for 7 years, and relief that we aren't any more...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honest question: is fire glass supposed to be impressive and/or life-enhancing? Because it sounds like bits of colored glass that go on top of your fire pit. Which means you own a fire pit.

A head-scratcher.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Honest question: is fire glass supposed to be impressive and/or life-enhancing? Because it sounds like bits of colored glass that go on top of your fire pit. Which means you own a fire pit.

A head-scratcher.

It's pretty. Do you dislike pretty things? Do they bring you no enjoyment?

The e-gents of StyFo have brooms stick way too far up their arses. Fire pits are awesome.

I think it's time for a break from StyFo. Bye.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RWEwDhGwMO-2.png

"beauty is in the eye of the bee holder", from the "Jokes by the fire-pit".

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy fire pits. We will likely add one when we redo our outside area though that is a few years off.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Anyone have a good site that has good filtering for moulding - particularly crown, but also looks for ideas for doors and windows and arched opening casings.

Also paint brand? Is there much of a difference between the top of the line valspar or say Benjamin Moore? Is there some other brand I should be looking at?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good site that has good filtering for moulding - particularly crown, but also looks for ideas for doors and windows and arched opening casings.

Also paint brand? Is there much of a difference between the top of the line valspar or say Benjamin Moore? Is there some other brand I should be looking at?

I've used Valspar Reserve and Benjamin Moore Regal which is not BM top of the line. I felt both were equal and the BM sales rep said you don't need to go top of the line Aura if you do 2 coats of paint. Egg shell if more forgiving than semi-gloss but other than that, both paints felt the same.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BM Bath and Spa matte . The only paint I've ever found "impressive"

emptym

Reaction score
We used Kelly Moore and Dunn Edwards.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So when I wired up my shop a couple years ago, the panel I used was grossly undersized. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal because I could just switch to tandem breakers, but apparently I thought wrong, because to use tandem breakers I needed to get an identical panel with notches cut in the bus (or wherever they are). The one that cost about $5 more...

Anyway, it occurred to me that the identical panel might actually turn out to be identical in more ways than one. I bought it and sure enough it looks like the actual guts of the panel will fit into the frame of the old one.

Not looking forward to redoing all those connections, but at least I won't have to pull all the wires out of the box itself.

IMG_20170521_142256162_HDR.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads