• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you homeowners live in a house that uses a septic tank?

GF is looking at houses out north of Houston that's not connected to the sewers so the houses all have septic tanks. Anything that I should consider about houses with septic tanks vs sewer?
I have one. It is really important to understand that a septic tank can work at various levels of perfection. It's just **** in a hole.

The biggest issue is a high water table, root intrusion, and lack of perc (the ability of soil to drain). Get it inspected and talk to the local septic guy. He will have more **** knowledge than you care to think about.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Choose the sword, and you will join me; choose the ball, and you join your mother in death.” — Liquid Swords

But seriously, you’re saying these kinds of imperfections are to be expected?
Bro, that quote goes hard. But it's via Lone Wolf and Cub.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Because HOAs CAN be like that and you have almost no recourse against this quasi-governmental organization that is permanently attached to your home and vulnerable to being taken over by crazy HOA people.

It is like being pro monarchy because you happen to like the current king and live in a small wealthy nation without many real problems to manage.

I'm sure there are but I also think people do not read the CC&Rs then get upset when they're held to the CC&Rs. While one can't be responsible if there's arseholes on your HOA board, one can be responsible to know what the CC&Rs state. We have now done three major projects and had zero issues getting them approved, but then again, I knew this would be the case as I studied the CC&Rs at the time we bought and prior to each project.

I also don't think the monarchy analogy is apt as HOAs are ran by boards of fellow homeowners. Get involved if you have a concern. Mrs. Piob gets recruited yearly to be on the HEAC (reviews plans for homeowner projects) because she's a civil engineer.

I'm not defending HOAs in general but I am saying the majority of homeowners seem to manage just fine and buyers certainly can get some insight into the nature of the HOA prior to purchase if they complete due diligence.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite fact about HOAs is that this guy used one that became an HOA president to show how psychopaths are drawn to power. My HOA had a psychopath that was president before we moved in. Even though he lasted a very short time before we moved in, he sent me fake letters from the HOA complaining about my yard (98% certain he did it because the HOA said they never sent me the complaint), hand wrote multiple notes (all unsigned) and left them in my mailbox or on my door, knocked on my door once and demanded I cut my grass once a week instead of every 10-14 days, tore out my rosemary bush because it branches grew over the side of the pot and everyone hates him. It's insane because my yard has never been overgrown or looked bad. It's just not perfect or some shite.

I called him after he tore out my rosemary bush, left a voice mail telling him I knew he did it and he needs to come replace it. I didn't have any direct proof but was certain he did it. A day later his wife knocked on my door to apologize and replace the bush. He's that big of a coward bitcĥ.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One week til closing…

IMG_4818.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished carrying out all the boxes to fill up a 20’ U-Haul box van. Our nanny helped while the youngest was napping by stacking the boxes in the truck.

We close at noon tomorrow, so I get to reverse the process at the new house in the afternoon.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished carrying out all the boxes to fill up a 20’ U-Haul box van. Our nanny helped while the youngest was napping by stacking the boxes in the truck.

We close at noon tomorrow, so I get to reverse the process at the new house in the afternoon.

If you need my help moving anything, please contact someone else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads