• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just pulled random screenshots because I was on my phone...I'm pretty sure the actual content of that dialog box is mostly unchanged though other than adding a fancy speed graph. Still uses big-B notation for transfer speeds.

Win11 Task manager mixes and matches between storage speeds and network speeds and network speeds which is kind of awkward because they are right next to each other:
1705616909734.png

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, I was just joking around. To make the matter worse, the internal data transfer mechanisms (buses, hubs, etc) are in fact implemented in bytes so any movement between memory and cache and GPU, etc are in xBs.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I hear you, I was just joking around. To make the matter worse, the internal data transfer mechanisms (buses, hubs, etc) are in fact implemented in bytes so any movement between memory and cache and GPU, etc are in xBs.

Stop you're triggering me. Or I'm going to start ranting about how storage sales engineers talk about TiB because they think it makes them sound smarter.

Mujib

Reaction score
OCD stress from clothes is nothing compared to houses!

I had a drywall guy fix bowing and other issues that were visible in my walls in daylight. Tonight, I kept all the lights off and, standing at the corners of walls, put a flashlight to various walls in the house. The light cast across the walls revealed bowing and dips in other walls. They're not visible in the day and when facing the wall and casting light.

Should I mention these to him, or will he think I'm crazy?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, @brokencycle and others. We’re going with a TP-Link one with WiFi 6. Hopefully that, combined with a new modem will improve connection speeds.

We’ve also narrowed down a chunk of the problem to the Chrome browser on my wife’s business laptop. I keep trying to subtly remind her not to keep 60 browser tabs open all the time. 🤷🏼‍♂️

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OCD stress from clothes is nothing compared to houses!

I had a drywall guy fix bowing and other issues that were visible in my walls in daylight. Tonight, I kept all the lights off and, standing at the corners of walls, put a flashlight to various walls in the house. The light cast across the walls revealed bowing and dips in other walls. They're not visible in the day and when facing the wall and casting light.

Should I mention these to him, or will he think I'm crazy?
The second one.

brokencycle

Reaction score
“Choose the sword, and you will join me; choose the ball, and you join your mother in death.” — Liquid Swords

But seriously, you’re saying these kinds of imperfections are to be expected?

Shining a flashlight looking for imperfections on drywall is crazy for most people. That is generally very high-end (read: expensive) drywall work.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shining a flashlight looking for imperfections on drywall is crazy for most people. That is generally very high-end (read: expensive) drywall work.

Yes. A lot more difference in drywall work than most realize.

If you need a flashlight to see it you probably shouldn't bother.

I had to do near perfect drywall in my dinning room because I was putting on solid single piece mahogany base boards of 20'+.

Got a whole lesson in drywall quality.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads