• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got most of the terrace bar countertop and backsplash installed today. Can't remember who was hating on the original choice of leathered granite, but I think it's turning out OK. Like the texture and patterning.

IMG_0171.jpeg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone clean their gutters?

Finally got up high and took a look around. Only one side really needs clean up (near neighbors tall Japanese maple, figures). Discovered growth in one of the downspouts and cleaned it out, phew. Aunt said put a few drops of dish washing soap afterwards, which I did.

Hand brush helped. For the sediments, anyone have a hand blower or vacuum they like? Feel like it'll be useful in this situation.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finally got up high and took a look around. Only one side really needs clean up (near neighbors tall Japanese maple, figures). Discovered growth in one of the downspouts and cleaned it out, phew. Aunt said put a few drops of dish washing soap afterwards, which I did.

Hand brush helped. For the sediments, anyone have a hand blower or vacuum they like? Feel like it'll be useful in this situation.

we have two sizable japanese maples in the front ( one is our neighbors ) , a dogwood in the back and then a yard over an immense ash tree which as of now still has leaves but should drop them at some point i guess .

the maples drop leaves yes but also those butterfly seeds and what i think are petioles which clog up the drains terrifically . plus a couple of roof valleys and lastly a flat part which has fiberglass over some kind of metal subroof . so we get up there 3 or 4 times in the fall including last week but i think we are done with that stuff for the season .

i've either dug up the ground drains or had them rooted out for roof grit and and general sediment a few years ago , they are holding up well rn .

we clear the system but don't scrub it . my neighbors have a leafguard on their gutters but the dude is always complaining that that stuff gets clogged up anyways .

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I pay for it,it is like 400$ a season, welllllll worth it

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought about gutter guard for some time but realized it’s the same maintenance, actually, more time removing and replacing the screens. Easier to just get up there and scrub or grab the leaves 🤷🏻

Plus, if installed incorrectly the gutter guards can create more roofing problems down the road. I think I read that here.

I thought about paying for it and having it serviced. But feel kind of guilty. Especially after getting up on the ladder today and surveyed all sides. Only one corner gets concentration of grit and flora. Once I get a handheld vacuum I imagine it’ll be cleaner. My aunt stands at like 5’4 and climbs all the roofs herself in WA, rentals (3), beside her own property as the pitch is too steep. She said the other day “give me a ladder, I’ll show you right now. I sit in the roof and clean the gutters. Your roof is Disneyland.” 🤣

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought about gutter guard for some time but realized it’s the same maintenance, actually, more time removing and replacing the screens. Easier to just get up there and scrub or grab the leaves 🤷🏻

Plus, if installed incorrectly the gutter guards can create more roofing problems down the road. I think I read that here.

I thought about paying for it and having it serviced. But feel kind of guilty. Especially after getting up on the ladder today and surveyed all sides. Only one corner gets concentration of grit and flora. Once I get a handheld vacuum I imagine it’ll be cleaner. My aunt stands at like 5’4 and climbs all the roofs herself in WA, rentals (3), beside her own property as the pitch is too steep. She said the other day “give me a ladder, I’ll show you right now. I sit in the roof and clean the gutters. Your roof is Disneyland.” 🤣

I also go up on the roof to clean the gutters. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was up there with a leaf blower.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same, finally got up on the second story and blew out the gutters this year. Low pitch roof so wasn't bad. Also went ahead and sprayed the moss I saw while up there so should have a moss free roof again in the spring.

I ended up deleting a bunch of obsolete coax lines that someone had laid right into the gutter, leading to build up on that run. And here I thought no one lazier than Cable installers existed, satellite tv installers 1-upped them...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Got most of the terrace bar countertop and backsplash installed today. Can't remember who was hating on the original choice of leathered granite, but I think it's turning out OK. Like the texture and patterning.

View attachment 2081487
Obvs it was a hatin'-ass hater.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ I gotta say, that it was the highest quality set of free leather furniture I’ve ever seen! Sort of jealous that it’s going to the @PhilKenSebben house.

He’s gonna have one mighty fine cu3k chair when all said and done!

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I gotta say, that it was the highest quality set of free leather furniture I’ve ever seen! Sort of jealous that it’s going to the @PhilKenSebben house.

He’s gonna have one mighty fine cu3k chair when all said and done!
That cuck chair is ridiculously comfortable. Shame you only get to sit in it for 30-120 seconds at a go.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for a good quality leather couch conditioner/moisturizer?

Asking for a friend!

SF (furniture) pick up adventure this morning with @PhilKenSebben @Michigan Planner:

View attachment 2083257 View attachment 2083259
View attachment 2083261

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads