• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is embarrassing but I thought you guys were just misspelling “calla lily”. There’s a thing called a canna Lily?
8B098EAD-6A5C-4A43-AE72-3A514FD3378F.jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s this for a neighborhood pest animal? We had a black bear on our fence earlier this afternoon. The dogs were barking up a storm.
We got word there was a lion down the street last night. It was seen about 500 yards from our house.

The neighbor came over a few weeks ago and said our tent was pitched on the big bear trail (the little bear trail is on his side of the fence). We have not seen it since we caught it in the koi pond. Mostly it's just ******* forest rats, but there is a fox that chills in the yard most nights. He's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to do an obscene amount of landscaping. Think it took about 90 man hours to repair after the TX freeze and a few upgrades.

Ripped out a bunch of what was planted because it was either dead or coming back very slowly. Trimmed trees, new beds (with associated plantings to fill them out), cleaned existing ones, 10 yards of topsoil to help some weak spots, and stonework edging (they did a great job leveling, concrete and rebar base, then stone and mortar).

Glad I got to watch them while I was on the peloton.

hopefully the fence goes in next week. Doing it over just a bit of the backyard (400 linear ft) for our rona adoption German shepherd to be able torun more. 6’ wrought iron per HOA ?‍♂️

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, I’ve touched a bear in the wild before. That’s not really an experience I’d care to repeat.
You know, I was just now gonna ask you why you would ever "touch a bear in the wild", but then I quickly realized that all sorts of "explanations" will shortly be forthcoming from some of the other members here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, I’ve touched a bear in the wild before.
You know, I was just now gonna ask you why you would ever "touch a bear in the wild", but then I quickly realized that all sorts of "explanations" will shortly be forthcoming from some of the other members here.
Far be it for me to disappoint.....

1622957259732.png

Was he as cuddly as advertised?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We recently had a black bear up a tree in someone's backyard a town over, in an area where they haven't really been seen since the '50s. Theory is the worsening wildfires are degrading their habitat and forcing them to start scrounging around the suburbs.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We recently had a black bear up a tree in someone's backyard a town over, in an area where they haven't really been seen since the '50s. Theory is the worsening wildfires are degrading their habitat and forcing them to start scrounging around the suburbs.

According to the book I’m reading, the area where I live was teeming with buffalo, elk, deer, beer, and plenty of other big animals before golf was discovered in the area…

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bears have been spotted within a mile of the Piob Palace but I have yet to see one at the property. Mind you it's critter central here so I'm not ruling it out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads