• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the Bath and Spa . Toughest matte paint I've found. Just bought 3 gals today to do the living and dining rooms this weekend

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Regal Select was good but the Aura dries fractionally thicker. Their Advanced trim paint makes you feel like a pro if ever doing trim work.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I want to have built/install a wood burning oven. I want to be able to do everything from pizza to bread to steaks in sizzle platters.

if you really do it right (you have to go deep) it’s awesome and maintains perfect heat. My uncle has a great and it’s amazing for entertaining.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to re-sod again. Anyone looked into whether there exists some kind of hyper realistic artificial turf that looks great and doesn’t need this lawn care nonsense?

i realize this sounds like a shitpoast because of the topic and the source, but this is my 1 post in 1000 that’s actually serious

I don’t, but if you’re going to re-sod an area, assuming you’re planning on making some good topsoil is down first.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to re-sod again. Anyone looked into whether there exists some kind of hyper realistic artificial turf that looks great and doesn’t need this lawn care nonsense?

i realize this sounds like a shitpoast because of the topic and the source, but this is my 1 post in 1000 that’s actually serious

iirc you are S FL so guessing salt is probably the biggest issue, i'd look to see if there's another cover that works in your area (that does what you need it do) or treat your topsoil etc

i don't think artificial would be less of a headache or cost however good it looked. there's still maintenance, it doesn't last forever , etc there's not really a free lunch version

first world problems i guess but if you want to worry less about maintenance a suggestion is to listen to the environmental constraints ( what is the soil doing , is there salt in the air ), figure out what you need out of the space, and make a choice from whatever possibilities coincide it might be a natural cover that is grass-ish to you (i have no idea what goes in fla) and it would be way easier to feed

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally bought paint today. got dat benjamin moore contractor discount (that i'm sure everyone gets that asks for it)

got 1 gallon of aura and 4 of regal select. the aura is for the kitchen which has a badly painted, thick glossy finish. I will report back on whether or not it was worth it.

Finished the electrical and extensive drywall repair in the kitchen. Now all it needs is paint and backsplash, which will hopefully tide us over until we can actually redo it. At least it will be one room "finished"
How much is the discount?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much is the discount?
30%, which is probably just the baseline "contractor discount." That's the discount I see at retail whenever BM goes on sale.

The guy told me he's selling Aura as low as BM will allow it. Probably BS but whatever.

I'm happy that I don't have to plan my paint buys around advertised sales now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads