• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. my neighbor hired somebody to regrout something and they killed some of her lawn (i assume grout is alkaline no idea why the lawn tho) and then they apparently neutralized with vinegar and threw that on my lawn. contractors, don't get it.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Had a new front door installed today. Thermatru benchmark from lowes. Finish is rubbed off in some places, the installers did not fill any of the nail holes And when they I stalled the door handle, they used a drill instead of a screwdriver which rubbed the finish off down to bare metal where the spinning barrel touched the handle.

What. The. ****.
Call the store and talk to installation manager. They'll make someone fix it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
When we did metal screen doors for the house we used a local fabrication/installer, family owned. They did such a great job and we love our doors. All the doors are the same blank, with the same trim top and bottom, and then each door has a different motif that matches our surroundings. Double front, double bedroom, and single out from the dining room. Just awesome and could not be happier with them.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call the store and talk to installation manager. They'll make someone fix it.
Yeah, going to call and *****. Some things are the install guys fault, others are the door. And they gave us a small container of paint (Like a white out bottle) so I can touch it up, but that seems stupid to have to do on a door that is less than 5 hours old....

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sushi!

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The house I'm buying has a pond, or, well, 1/6 of one. I'm not pretentious enough to call it a "lake." It is a few acres, though. Looked like there was a pretty high concentration of baitfish, but I'm not sure if anyone is feeding them. One of the neighbors has a 16' gazebo 50 feet out in the pond. I might try building one like it. Fun!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question on open house etiquette. Is it frowned upon to visit a neighbors open house to “check it out or measure our own homes value”? I kind of want to see if they get what they are asking because we bought our home for a similar price 3 years ago but our home has much better features.

edit: or so I think it has better features. Hence wanting to take a look.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question on open house etiquette. Is it frowned upon to visit a neighbors open house to “check it out or measure our own homes value”? I kind of want to see if they get what they are asking because we bought our home for a similar price 3 years ago but our home has much better features.

edit: or so I think it has better features. Hence wanting to take a look.

Yes you can go, but bring your wife and offer her as tribute.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just find out if the owner is there or not. If not they'll never know so who cares? We went to one down the street but those folks don't live at the house year round, so again, they never knew.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i would find an unattended camera at a party in college, my friends and I would take it to the bathroom and take pictures of the back of our ballsacks and return it as if nothing ever happened.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just find out if the owner is there or not. If not they'll never know so who cares? We went to one down the street but those folks don't live at the house year round, so again, they never knew.
Dont think owner would be there, but that might be an advantage. Older widow who moved to a condo. She also owns an adjacent vacant lot that I have my eye on.
1598803877853.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads