• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just in from the jbarwick household... Congrats!

BR_oyj_CAAAWkRN.jpg

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second house (bought during renovations that ended in March, still in punch out though due to COVID) is still on the market, a good number of showings but still no offers which is frustrating. It is on one of the most desirable streets in the most desirable part of the city to live in (property values compare to the high ticket suburbs but this is near downtown and homes built in the late 19th to early 20th century), and 3k sq ft priced low-mid range for comps on $/sq ft. Has a nice bluestone back patio with new sod in the back, tasteful/neutral landscaping and a garage that is rare in this part of town.

Frustrating to deal with since we’re nearing 6 months on the market with a couple price drops and no offers. Feedback has been layout is concern but price is fine which is annoying because every house that’s this old has to deal with layout issues (or costs a couple hundred grand more if it’s newly renovated)

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True story a guy I worked with lived in Reno found his dream home and decided to go for it on a contingency his present house sold. As the deadline drew closer it looked like his house would not sell and the thing would fall through. 8:00 pm with the deal ending at midnight a realtor knocked on his door and and brought a buyer who paid full asking price in cash.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True story a guy I worked with lived in Reno found his dream home and decided to go for it on a contingency his present house sold. As the deadline drew closer it looked like his house would not sell and the thing would fall through. 8:00 pm with the deal ending at midnight a realtor knocked on his door and and brought a buyer who paid full asking price in cash.

Cash buyer.

main-qimg-f44cc1d3a663a215292b4e101d5848d5.jpeg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my first house in 2013 from my grandfather's estate when he passed. I sold it in 2014 when I had to move for a job (stupid stupid decision) for 50% more, full price cash offer after 12 hours on the market. Had 4 showings and 3 competing offers by 2pm. The market was a bit crazy then. Never should have sold that house.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buyer seems to come from family money. Also forgot to mention the buyer is open on closing and put Nov 30th in the contract but is flexible since he knows we are still looking. Still amazed this came through right as we were about to counter a lower offer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Get as much earnest money as you can.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't know about your state, but in mine it's super easy for buyers to back out. A sale contract is basically an option to buy the house. So a closing date for November 30 would be a big red flag for me. The whole point of a cash offer is to close ASAP. Right?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earnest money is even hard to get from a buyer. Don’t you have to be pretty far down the process and near close to even receive it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads