• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Frank Leder thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the basketweave scarf from last FW, in anyone sees one...

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

May I ask where you purchased it from? How is the sizing?

I'm a true 50/slim 52... size l fits me perfectly, hits me around the knees and great sleeve length.

I picked it up direct from Frank Leder (through their boutique) -- it was sold out, but they got a re-issue of the fabric and I asked if they could reproduce it and they were kind enough to hook it up.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linen, flannel and tweed

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the Deutschleder jacket today, and it's fantastic. The material is so stiff that I could hardly put it on. The fit is great as well. The shoulders are barely wide enough for me, and the body is just a little boxy. I'll put up a photo at some point.

@gdl203 Greg, you should be sure to stock Deutschleder jackets each AW. I bet they'd sell quite well.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you need the matching backpack

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea what these buttons are made of?

Got this pic from Abraxis' post.

Last edited:

Milksauce

Reaction score

Any idea what these buttons are made of?

Got this pic from Abraxis' post.

I don't know exactly what those are made of but his shirts tend to have old or deadstock buttons. They look somewhat similar to my linen shirt which is some kind of fabric button.

SirMeowly

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I was in Berlin and able to stop by the 2.Frank Leder store/office and just wanted to post to say it was probably the best clothing-related experience of my life. Ended up buying a traditionally German-made sweater. Was able to talk to Frank for a solid 30 minutes and one of his interns too. They told me everything I could want to know about how the fabrics were created, his thought process, etc. Just an absolutely gorgeous space as well. Have the utmost respect for his work after the experience.

Also, the intern happened to have a couple friends traveling to Seattle last weekend, so I met up and tried to return the favor by showing them around. Great people.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are Leder shirts oddly slim in the forearms? I sized down one, and everything fits great except for the forearms. I'd buy more shirts, but it's a shame they fit that way. I can't even roll the sleeves up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads