• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Regular vs slim:

19464-p-DETAILED.jpg
1048040-p-DETAILED.jpg

19464-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg
1048040-5-MULTIVIEW.jpg

They just look like the womens chucks which have looked like that for a good while.

On the list of shoes that don't need 'slimming', chucks would definitely be up there. Not sure how much less room you could allow the shoe before it'd basically cut the circulation to your foot
confused.gif
. Also I've never been a fan of shoes with insubstantial soles, they're shoes after all, not leather socks.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Converse Chambray Chuck Taylor Specialty Ox by L. Ruano, June 6, 2010
converse-purple-chambray-1.jpg
Adding to an already successful run of colorways, Converse drops this purple/lavender version of its Chuck Taylor Specialty Ox from the First String line. The shoes take on an old school midsole design, as opposed to the slimmer contemporary cut, and sport full lightweight chambray uppers, perfect for the Summer weather. These are now available from The Darkside Initiative. The Darkside Initiative [MAP] 1827 Powell Street San Francisco, CA 94133 415.837.1909 Photography: Hypebeast

Looks fantastic, that lavender colour is perfect and leaps at the screen, goes nicely with the crumpledness of chambray too.
Originally Posted by ssnyc
xl_5_19_10courttanprofile.jpg

Love these too, that cream/moss colour and white is a colour combo I'm always a fan of (MMM uses it for their hi-tops if I'm not mistaken) and the same-colour Nike tick is the right way to do branding IMO, in a way that doesn't detract and actually compliments the design. The sole is also tastefully done, with appropriate 'padding' on the front/toe cap. I'd strongly consider these if I was in a position to do so.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the lavender chambray cons are particularly nice.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
2987_i6_palladium-boots-6.jpg

they are apparently the go-to shoe for members of the French Foreign Legion, which in and of itself is a pull to these shoes IMHO.

palladiums correct? i've got the grey canvas, half sneaker half boot

BCalifornia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
seem like good beaters from muji which can be had for about $26, dont know too much about them though
4548718332939_m_1.jpg

4548718068999_m_1.jpg

anybody have any experience with these?

I just ordered a pair of white ones with the intention to dye them (which I did). They're pretty good for a pair that cost $26.50 (they're on sale for $21ish). Inner sole is pretty comfortable with moderate arch support. Fits about the same as my jack purcells but not as long (I've heard purcells are larger than normal?).

They're actually more of a natural canvas color and they look better than the bleach white in the pictures.

jradic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Love these too, that cream/moss colour and white is a colour combo I'm always a fan of (MMM uses it for their hi-tops if I'm not mistaken) and the same-colour Nike tick is the right way to do branding IMO, in a way that doesn't detract and actually compliments the design. The sole is also tastefully done, with appropriate 'padding' on the front/toe cap. I'd strongly consider these if I was in a position to do so.

What model are these (trying to figure out where I could buy these online)...

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
2987_i6_palladium-boots-6.jpg

they are apparently the go-to shoe for members of the French Foreign Legion, which in and of itself is a pull to these shoes IMHO.

Need more pics of her.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members