• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
siamesetotefront0247143.jpg

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I thought that Jil(?) bag was a no brainer. Didn't feel like anything had to be said.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a smallish, reasonably priced messenger bag for when I don't want to carry my briefcase.

Any thoughts on the quality of Jost / Leonhard Heyden ?

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Most of the pics aren't showing for me, but a trip to his website made me drool
smile.gif

!

Don't know what the problem is with imageshack and styleforum. Pics of the Indigo duck/leather Fothergill bag are here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...27#post2720827

And for the impatient...

Duckbag.jpg

detail1.jpg

This is the second bag I've had from Matt, it's ridiculously good quality, and ridiculously good value...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by threeLegDog
Please buy a bag from Archival Clothing and report back your findings.
devil.gif

grayflap_large.jpg

RKRT_large.jpg

Field_Bag_Black_Front_large.jpg

PM_Red-1_large.jpg

They look pretty good. I'm looking for leather, but they look worth a try for someone wanting waxed cotton.

kinggimp

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the quality of Surface to Air leather products? Thinking of picking this bag up. Says it's made in France if that means anything. Thanks!

med.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered a war bag in olive drab from Beckel canvas to replace my beat up Nike duffel. Sure it might not be as practical as an Air Boss or garmet bag but it's definitely more fun. I was able to add an additional interior pocket and they were really good with communication throughout. Order to time showing up at my doorstep was 2 weeks (pretty solid for hand made to order and I think rush orders are possible). We'll see how it holds up but so far I'm quite satisfied. Intended use will be short hop flights (dimensions fit within current TSA regulations) and the occasional car trips. They also have additional colors not shown on their website (black, red, etc.), and they were very good with my questions regarding customization over the phone. My only minor quibble so far is that the shoulder strap attachments are plastic rather than metal, but if polymer is good enough for me in a gun it's good enough for me in a shoulder strap. ETA: the price point I feel is reasonable as well. Stock pic.
P6300870.JPG

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a long time fan of Brady bags from the UK I was delighted to see that they had done a collaboration with Nigel Cabourn. He are two of the four.

Great-Scott-Fishing-Bag_big1.jpg

Handy-Fishing-Bag_big1.jpg

Apparently he got an old fisherman to hand knot the netting used one the bag.

Nice look IMO.

Magic1

Reaction score
that zam barrett bag on the top of this page is one of the best bags in this whole thread. looks better when it's not empty, but it is great leather, great construction, and a very cool style.
nice cop.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member