• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Full Saddle Loafer in lama by Perticone. Love colour and texture.

Screenshot (2362).png
Screenshot (2363).png

jazznpool

Reaction score
Final fitting. Canons Bespoke full analine burgundy calf single monk strap shoes with cap toe and heel with punching. My initial meeting happened in early spring this year. First fitting shoes late spring. Second fitting shoes in welt with cork soles late June.

Hats off to the Canons team—they have been a pleasure to work with and are committed to providing a top tier bespoke experience.

As a US customer, the process is facilitated by Simon Bolzoni visiting US 3 times a year. I like working directly with the lastmaker/ proprietor. Judging from this final fitting, the fit is excellent with no apparent problems. Of course, I will need to wear them for a couple weeks to have a more informed opinion. The shoes and a matching 1-1/2” belt are expected to arrive next month.

I’m already thinking of another shoe build from Canons.

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2738.jpeg
    IMG_2738.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2739.jpeg
    IMG_2739.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 37

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final fitting. Canons Bespoke full analine burgundy calf single monk strap shoes with cap toe and heel with punching. My initial meeting happened in early spring this year. First fitting shoes late spring. Second fitting shoes in welt with cork soles late June.

Hats off to the Canons team—they have been a pleasure to work with and are committed to providing a top tier bespoke experience.

As a US customer, the process is facilitated by Simon Bolzoni visiting US 3 times a year. I like working directly with the lastmaker/ proprietor. Judging from this final fitting, the fit is excellent with no apparent problems. Of course, I will need to wear them for a couple weeks to have a more informed opinion. The shoes and a matching 1-1/2” belt are expected to arrive next month.

I’m already thinking of another shoe build from Canons.

They look superb. Amazing colour and style.

L.deJong

Reaction score
@jazznpool beautiful looking monks, my favourite style of shoe. Would have loved to see a full brogue monk in medium brown, but none-the-less you did very well in your choice.

My favourite shoe ever is this double brogue monk by the late Roberto Ugolini.
View attachment 2261023
Wait did Roberto Ugolini die? I either have been living under a rock or more people didn't know about it. Very sad news if true.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait did Roberto Ugolini die? I either have been living under a rock or more people didn't know about it. Very sad news if true.
I believe Roberto is alive. Perhaps he’s confused with freccia bestetti or Stefano bemer

jazznpool

Reaction score
They are a shade of burgundy I selected. They probably photograph slightly more red than they actually are. I plan on maintaining the color as best I can. Only the heal and cap have a slight darkening and gloss. I was advised against using neutral polish.
Are you planning on darkening the leather with polish? Because I gotta say, in the light they are reminiscent of Dorothy's ruby red slippers

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are a shade of burgundy I selected. They probably photograph slightly more red than they actually are. I plan on maintaining the color as best I can. Only the heal and cap have a slight darkening and gloss. I was advised against using neutral polish.

Did they explain why?

jazznpool

Reaction score
Did they explain why?
As I have heard before, Simon said too frequent or liberal use of neutral cream or polish can create whitish hazing from build up.

When the shoes arrive there will be instructions on how to best maintain the color with Saphir creams and polishes. It will be interesting to see how the matching color is achieved with the belt.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88tips