• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I am new to the ring jacket, but have long admired their sport jackets. I haven't made the plunge to purchase for sizing concerns. I purchased a size 34 US (44 IT/EU) from S&M and Pini Parma to dip my toes into the sartorial world, however I found out that the jackets fit too snug around my back/chest area, I sized up to 36 to try it out for SS and Natalino and they're perfect around the chest/ back, however the Natalino jacket is quite long, I'm a short and slim fella at 5'6" (168cm) and around 136 lbs, however I'm in good shape, zero belly and have a V taper torso.

So, I guess the question for anyone that may know is, will a size 46 fit me well, after alterations of course or does the Ring Jacket run big?

Thank you

I think what you want are the models made for the Japanese/Asian market as these run shorter than the American models (e.g. Armoury Model 3, TAJ models). Check out Drop93 for examples with measurements.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I am new to the ring jacket, but have long admired their sport jackets. I haven't made the plunge to purchase for sizing concerns. I purchased a size 34 US (44 IT/EU) from S&M and Pini Parma to dip my toes into the sartorial world, however I found out that the jackets fit too snug around my back/chest area, I sized up to 36 to try it out for SS and Natalino and they're perfect around the chest/ back, however the Natalino jacket is quite long, I'm a short and slim fella at 5'6" (168cm) and around 136 lbs, however I'm in good shape, zero belly and have a V taper torso.

So, I guess the question for anyone that may know is, will a size 46 fit me well, after alterations of course or does the Ring Jacket run big?

Thank you

I’m a bit taller than you and like 8 9 pounds heavier than you and I’m EU44 in model 3 and model 1. Something like 184 I’m definitely at least EU46 though

NadalRG

Reaction score
I’m a bit taller than you and like 8 9 pounds heavier than you and I’m EU44 in model 3 and model 1. Something like 184 I’m definitely at least EU46 though
This is the size chart for the model 3 according to drop99 website.

EU 44
EU 46EU 48EU 50
Shoulder WidthCM | "45CM | 17.7"46CM | 18.1"47CM | 18.5"
ChestCM | "51CM | 20"52CM | 20.4"54CM | 21.2"
WaistCM | "46CM | 18.1"47CM | 18.5"48.5CM | 19"
Body LengthCM | "75CM | 29.5"75.5CM | 29.7"78CM | 30.7"
Sleeve LengthCM | "63CM | 24.8"64CM | 25.1"65CM | 25.5"

This is the size chart for Natalino, it's the jacket that best fits me across the chest and back.

The biggest difference is the sleeve and body length, chess and waist are pretty similar. I could find size chart for 44 EU in the model 3. I'm all ears on what you recommend. My lats do flair out when I reach forward or cross my arms, otherwise I think I would perfectly fit a 44 EU.
SIZE (IT)444648505254
SIZE (UK/US)343638404244
SHOULDER (A)17.718.118.518.919.319.7
CHEST (B)19.720.521.32222.823.6
WAIST (C)17.318.118.919.720.521.3
LENGTH (D)28.729.129.529.930.330.7
SLEEVE LENGTH (E)23.62424.424.825.225.6

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't have Natalion, but I thought you can find model 3 measurement for EU44 here on drop93

Armoury's own website (allow for some minor difference)

NadalRG

Reaction score
Looks like I’m definitely a size 46, I’ll have the waist taken in and sleeves shortened. Ring jacket does have working buttons right? This is an expensive fix since I want to keep the working buttons. Also, if I need to shorten the overall length by 1” or so would it look unbalanced due to the lower buttoning point and flap pockets?

I’ve also been considering going MTM with an in person service from Enzo custom that has an office in my city, but I’m on the fence on that one.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably a different preference thing but if you’re almost 10 lb lighter than I would think you’re EU44 in model 3. 1 inch off in length is definitely the max I would do, and as the other guy said, sleeve is unfinished.

hitsuji

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you
A size 44 model 3 will probably work out to be perfect for you - Im 173cms and a size is just the right length for me (but this ultimately is determined by your torso length.

Im a size 48 on Susu and I’ve have more than enough room on a 46 Model 3 RJ. Although, size 46 Balloon jackets (JP model) fit me OTR amazingly

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Heading to NYC for the first time and hella excited to drop in -- is there a difference to the two Armoury shops? I'm likely to visit both anyway but anything in particular?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's not a shirt from a current collection. The video is nine months old and he also mentions it's a shirt he hadn't worn in a while.

Pretty good chance it's something he just had made for himself by AC and wasn't carried in the shop anyway.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heading to NYC for the first time and hella excited to drop in -- is there a difference to the two Armoury shops? I'm likely to visit both anyway but anything in particular?

I would email them ahead to see if you’re looking to try on specific things in specific size and if they have in one over the other shop

staves

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how this jacket might fare as a separate (with jeans/chinos)?

Did some research on the topic but would love to hear some thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpeg
    IMG_1134.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1135.jpeg
    IMG_1135.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 1,333

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?