• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I am just looking to get into British tailoring so I thought MTM Steed would be a great value since fabric is included (1400gbp vs 3700gbp). Deciding fabric from Draper's Three Kings bunch or maybe just good ol' Ascot 4ply.

Make sure you ask them to bring the books you're interested from Draper's as its not a typical book they carry on their trip.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk, but I would guess starting price is around $6500 for a 2 piece. The way to justify it is only half is due up front so you have like another year to save up for the 2nd half.

I think it's a lot less than that.

My last jacket was 2,600 pounds and my list suit was like 3,800 or something (I can't quite remember).

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when the suits were £2600........
DSaEmNNX4AEpeXK.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to do a currency conversion. A two piece suit costs as much as my car is worth.
Would still do it in the future, drape looks amazing

corpseposeur

Reaction score
So MTM is not worth considering?

I have a MTM jacket from Steed and I'm not thrilled with the results. It's sadly on track to go to the donation bin. The biggest flaw was that one lapel was wider than the other. It prompted my to seek out Redmayne's for MTM Anderson & Sheppard soft drape style.

In my opinion, the Redmayne MTM was done a lot better. The canvas feels softer than the Steed jacket and it's more comfortable. Lapels are the same size. I have a few posts on the two a few pages back.

While I don't have personal experience with their bespoke, many many others here like Steed a lot and have been very happy with their bespoke service. If I were going to go with Steed again I would do bespoke. If you want MTM drape style, I would recommend Redmayne.

Speaking of Redmayne, I have a bespoke jacket in a Moonbeam fabric that I am eager to get fitted when Tom and Claire visit New York.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads