• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of coats, I'm looking for this coat, from 2015, I think

If anyone spots it online, let me know.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Yeah that 2014 one is just that little bit sharper looking. Good collection that was, what first got me into AMI.

phivoj

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here...

I love Ami and picked up the Black two button overcoat - The Wool / Poly version (not the more expensive cashmere one) - love it but the 46 (my true to size) was super tight around the arms (not that I work out or anything) and it looked a bit too tailored and it was a pain to layer any jumpers underneath, so exchanged for the 48 which is still pretty tight around the arms, but is more suitable... however it's a little unflattering and it's got a lot of space around the body. Anyone else had similar experiences?

May take it to the tailors
I just tried the navy version today. Same experience here. I usually am a 48. The 50 was way better around the arm area (but still snug) while not looking too roomy around the body. With the 48 I couldn't do any layering. Material and weight are quite nice I think and comparable to the Acne Garret

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone picked up their sweaters? How is it?

I have three, 2 from the present season, and have had my hands on at least two others. I'd say they're pretty decent quality. Certainly better than J Crew or the like. Not worth $3-400, but if you can pick them up for $150 and under, as I have, it's worth it.

The one exception may be the cardigan from the present season: from having had it in my hands, it just seems cheaper and the merino flimsier than even their lightweight basic merino crew (which is tightly knit, good hem and cuffs).

Also be aware that they have a boat-load of different variations of their sweaters - even the same model can be made with different materials depending on the color.

Finally, be wary of any of the oversized, drop-shoulder models, unless that's what you're going for.

huffether

Reaction score
I have three, 2 from the present season, and have had my hands on at least two others. I'd say they're pretty decent quality. Certainly better than J Crew or the like. Not worth $3-400, but if you can pick them up for $150 and under, as I have, it's worth it.

The one exception may be the cardigan from the present season: from having had it in my hands, it just seems cheaper and the merino flimsier than even their lightweight basic merino crew (which is tightly knit, good hem and cuffs).

Also be aware that they have a boat-load of different variations of their sweaters - even the same model can be made with different materials depending on the color.

Finally, be wary of any of the oversized, drop-shoulder models, unless that's what you're going for.

Where's the consistency? Did you size up for any of your sweaters?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where's the consistency? Did you size up for any of your sweaters? 

Generally I size up. I have a v-neck from 2015 that is in the ballpark of alpaca and is in an XL. It fits slightly loose, but is not unflattering and the length is perfect (27"). I have an alpaca one from this season in a L, which also works but in a more fitted, shrunken-sweater kinda way. It's not restrictive in the chest, just a bit short in the arms and shorter in the torso (somewhere around 26.5"). The merino crew I have, also from this season, is an XL and fits well in length and arms, but remains pretty fitted (more so than the v). A L in this would be too tight for my tastes.

I'm 6'3" with a chest ~43 actual measurement and very broad shoulders. If you're flat-chested with no shoulders, or if you're going for fitted you could probably go TTS, otherwise I'd size up.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody tried the current season cords?
I bought a few pairs last winter but the rise was comically short. I tried sizing up and it just made the crotch bunch up super awkwardly since the rise was still short but the thighs were now too baggy.
It seems like there was a newer cut for the cords this season (similar to the carrot fit) but I only saw it at Matches (and they have no more Large's).
After looking at the AMI webshop I'm starting to wonder if the pair on Matches was actually the "street fit jeans" in corduroy here: https://www.amiparis.com/us/shopping/street-fit-jeans-11372985?StoreId=9846
(btw I had no idea they brought back the street fit cut).
Does anybody know if that's the case? or if this seasons cords are cut different/better with a higher rise?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Has anybody tried the current season cords?
I bought a few pairs last winter but the rise was comically short. I tried sizing up and it just made the crotch bunch up super awkwardly since the rise was still short but the thighs were now too baggy.
It seems like there was a newer cut for the cords this season (similar to the carrot fit) but I only saw it at Matches (and they have no more Large's). 
After looking at the AMI webshop I'm starting to wonder if the pair on Matches was actually the "street fit jeans" in corduroy here: https://www.amiparis.com/us/shopping/street-fit-jeans-11372985?StoreId=9846
 (btw I had no idea they brought back the street fit cut).
Does anybody know if that's the case? or if this seasons cords are cut different/better with a higher rise?

Can't speak to the cords, but just tried on the garbadine seamless chino in L and my experiece was similar - huge waist (like 36"), short rise and fairy loose leg.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can't speak to Lanvin coats but I approve of ami for fit and weight.

Following up on this, I got the 2-button camel coat from this season and will note that it's definitely lighter weight than the 3-button I have from last season. This is partially due to my sizing down to 54, whereas my 3-button is a 56, but per square inch it's just not as dense. This might have to do with last season's being 100% wool and this specific coat being 80/20 wool/polyamide, or the fact that last season's used Tuskania fabrics (this season's does not, or at least is not labeled as such). It's still a decent weight, but probably not for much below freezing.

In terms of fit, the 54 is fairly snug in the shoulders but still fits. It's just less conducive to layering underneath. Lengthwise, it's about 3-4 inches shorter in the body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads