• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No reason, but just felt like wearing green shell today.

IMG_20231102_124610699.jpg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any OG's lurking today. Been a few years since I've posted. Today's offering; Brooks Brothers Cronmok make up from back in the day.
View attachment 2061161
Good to see you. Hope all is well in your world.

I loved my Cronmoks! Before my nubuck Hamiltons, those were probably my most frequently worn. Been looking for a replacement pair in 10D but had no luck.

Not sure I knew there was a BB version of this. Poron and dovetail heel, I'm guessing?

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@suuteebird Everyone's doing light contrast lacing on Denim shell, but I think matching the shell or the brown stitching/piping would look best. For your makeup you might be able to get away with matching the gray sole.

Natural HM came in, they're a good neutral shade but the sun makes them look super red. Even inside they're remarkably similar to my marbled chili pair. I'm looking to put some whiskey/tan laces on them instead but here's pictured with black and brown options.

20231101_144616.jpg
20231101_144523.jpg

@cxlfinder Honestly not a lot of new users posting here so I guess we're all OG's!

cxlfinder

Reaction score
Good to see you. Hope all is well in your world.

I loved my Cronmoks! Before my nubuck Hamiltons, those were probably my most frequently worn. Been looking for a replacement pair in 10D but had no luck.

Not sure I knew there was a BB version of this. Poron and dovetail heel, I'm guessing?
Absolutely. You know the BB program. Always added a touch of class.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
I have both. Let me opine.

The Daltons are friggin amazing. I've gotten so many compliments over them, it's not even funny; however, they are also not as rugged because they are leather soles.

Conversely, I love my snuff suede Freeports and the Freeport -is- being discontinued. Their gummy sole is more rugged, but also wears down pretty quickly. They also are much, much more casual, and though people like them, I think that my style generally veers towards the Daltons.

Do you have rugged boots? If so, go for the Daltons. If you need something rugged, go for the Freeports.

I mean the Daltons are also super versatile in that you can really wear them dressy or dressed down because they are in that sweet spot where they work with pretty much anything. The Freeports, meanwhile, really cannot be worn beyond cords.

Speaking of: I am going to go wear my Daltons right now to shoot some pool.

Believe me, as the owner of a pair of burgundy shell Higgins Mill boots, I totally get it.

Go for it! You are correct that I'm an 11.5. Even if I wasn't, I'd still tell you to go for it, if the shell Dalton is really what you want. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Yeah, this is pretty much spot-on for the purpose of both boots.

Interestingly enough, it's not a contrast welt. It's a black welt. Someone else ordered this Dalton as an SMU and put it on red Dainite. So, the welt itself is black, but the sole choice gives it an interesting contrast. Whoever ordered these didn't like it, and they were offered to me as seconds by Ashley for a song. I was more than happy to jump on them.

As a former long-time marketing guy, I used to hate it when clients would come to me with a product that was good at everything, but great at nothing. You need some sort differentiator to stand out (or, you need to be either ridiculously expensive, or ridiculously cheap, among other strategies). With footwear, having something that's good at everything, but great at nothing gives you a lot of flexibility. The Dalton, as a standard shell makeup can go in a bunch of different directions. Dress it up, or dress it down. It's your choice. The Daltons I have definitely don't fit into that category. There's really no great way to dress them up, which is fine with me, as a guy who rarely has an occasion or desire to dress up.

I find myself skewing more to styles that are almost exclusively "dress down," for lack of a better term. And, since the shell Dalton doesn't fit that role, I'm probably passing on it, which is probably a good idea since Lil' Donkey has 1.5 years of college left and only about 1.25 years of funding left in the 529. Plus, I've got my eye on a watch that will probably end up costing me more than all 30+ pairs of footwear I own. So, any money that goes towards shoes, can't go towards that. Unless it's something I'm absolutely dying for, or fits an unexpected need, I'm passing on things for a while.

Speaking of footwear that can be dressed up or down, I went with the Sullivan Street today. They're getting beaten up enough in my daily life that they'll eventually end up in the "dress down" arena. With some fresh polish, and edge dressing, they could probably pretend to be "dress up" for a little while longer. But, those days are passing by quickly.

View attachment 2050451

After not so careful consideration, I opted for the Freeport. I figure I may be able to get the Daltons in the future, and the Freeport are being discontinued, so who knows what availability will be like? Also, I got the Freeport’s for $14 delivered 😂. So there’s that.
First try they fit well, and no real F2 issues. Maybe a double welt stitch on one. Don’t care 🤷.
Appreciate your input, Gentlemen!
Right fine Snuff!
IMG_0376.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance