• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not been as active here lately and perhaps that is how I missed this.

View attachment 2054753

Today I saw, for the first time, the side zip Higgins Mill boot in a leather called “husk” suede. Whoa! What is this? It looks like a heavily distressed kudu of some sort.

Did I miss the discussion on these?

What do you think?
This looks like the old crackle leather but less unhinged. I like this, actually.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk Show F2 right here. View attachment 2054423
Ditto--an Ashley special from 2020.

MacNeil Blue 10062022.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2054753

Today I saw, for the first time, the side zip Higgins Mill boot in a leather called “husk” suede. Whoa! What is this? It looks like a heavily distressed kudu of some sort.

What do you think?
I'm just waiting on a good enough sale.
This looks like the old crackle leather but less unhinged. I like this, actually.
Looks a bit like Rambler leather from charles F. stead, Truman boots uses it a lot.

Although AE's site says Horween so perhaps Horween has something similar.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting on a good enough sale.

Looks a bit like Rambler leather from charles F. stead, Truman boots uses it a lot.

Although AE's site says Horween so perhaps Horween has something similar.
I think that the reference to Horween is for the other leather options.

The website says:
  • Upper materials: Waterproof leather from Horween® tannery that will dry soft and age beautifully or waterproof leather with distinctive texture for a rugged, vintage-inspired look

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2054753

What do you think?

I saw it in person, but bought the burgundy instead. This distressed leather isn’t my style.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering if the “husk” waxed suede is a kudu suede.
IMG_6517.jpeg

Maybe like one of these?
What do you think?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw it in person, but bought the burgundy instead. This distressed leather isn’t my style.
I have enough shoes that I have accidentally distressed.
IMG_7721.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been forever and a day since I wore these OG McTavishes in tan Dublin (although I think they're coded as cognac). So, I figured I'd might as well commit a cardinal sin and wear these oxfords with denim.

One of these days, I hope we get a Dublin Trunk Show. I'm still kicking myself for not having the foresight to jump in on the Longbranch MTO in Dublin with the good Vibram lug soles back in 2014 or whenever it was. Man, that was a great makeup. I'd love to have a pair of Higgins Mill in this. But, I have to admit, Dublin looks better to me with some broguing, so seeing the Dalton or MacNeil as an option would be killer.

IMG_7253.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads