• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in the days of yore, the good SMs would send free gifts on occasion. I know I’ve gotten laces and tongue pads, maybe more. (They’re so cheap it’s silly not to include)

Yea I recall Ashley sending me a pretty cool book. I have a few shoe horns and little things like that. She was great and so was that entire store. Would call when she knew something was coming that I'd be interested in, stuff like that.

You remind me of an extremely old woman.

p.m.s. I love AE shoes

Classy shoes but no class. :facepalm:

dpgaloot

Reaction score
These Dundees in Burgundy get worn regularly, and it is showing. Time to work these over. My wife and daughter are traveling to a mountain bike race this weekend, so I'll have pretty good window to condition shoes while watching movies they wouldn't approve of (like the John Wick movies @Shoenut, not those movies).

Dundee_8_5_25.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing these to work a lot these days. Kudu is really resilient.
IMG_7653.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I recall Ashley sending me a pretty cool book. I have a few shoe horns and little things like that. She was great and so was that entire store. Would call when she knew something was coming that I'd be interested in, stuff like that.

I went through that book a few months ago -- it was actually pretty fun to read the stories.

I went with poron today (University). Hopefully this is the last heat wave we get this year (96 outside today).

IMG_20231005_091955096.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I went through that book a few months ago -- it was actually pretty fun to read the stories.

I went with poron today (University). Hopefully this is the last heat wave we get this year (96 outside today).

View attachment 2040901
Never got the book, but it was exciting getting a call from Kristen the moment she saw an email about an upcoming or something.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Graysons for years, and I was especially sold on them when I saw them in navy. The RDA pricing for them is pretty good, so I pulled the trigger this morning. $310 including trees isn't bad.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, it's s very different in-shop experience. But as the SA at my go-to Alden shop told me last time (as he threw in shoe trees, shoe horn, extra laces, and a complimentary brush into my bag), they will rarely -if ever- discount prices like AE. I just got a pair of TS Strands at $557.50 after discounts, reward dollars and birthday coupon. At that price I can still afford the extra swag.
Some Alden dealers do have a "Last Call" section where they don't advertise the sale price, rather you'll need to visit or talk to them about it. One of my fave Alden dealers said they explicitly asked their Alden rep if they could add a few models to their last call, hoping to get their blessing (approval) before posting online to their "Last Call" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads