• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be most unwise to protest the trunk show over the points system. And do not give up hope on the Hamilton nor the McNeil...
Why is it unwise? I’m protesting TS23 on the grounds that they aren’t devoting the show to olive! Olive suede, olive nubuck, olive CXL, olive calf, olive shell (if you must)…The sky would be the limit!
Secondarily I’m protesting because the line up isn’t the following:
Strand, Hamilton, PAB, Acheson, Palm Beach, HM.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is it unwise? I’m protesting TS23 on the grounds that they aren’t devoting the show to olive! Olive suede, olive nubuck, olive CXL, olive calf, olive shell (if you must)…The sky would be the limit!

Olive you to that action on your own.

Also, protesting vs not participating are different actions

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the thought process is something like, ok fine we just won't do them anymore.

Also the Palm Beach was awesome.

If AE would allow me a welt change, I'd be in for Denim/UV. Oh well. Still glad they are doing some cool stuff. I thought these were going to be completely gone at one point.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cambridge

IMG_2303.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg

Moeck14

Reaction score
I'm sure the thought process is something like, ok fine we just won't do them anymore.

Also the Palm Beach was awesome.

If AE would allow me a welt change, I'd be in for Denim/UV. Oh well. Still glad they are doing some cool stuff. I thought these were going to be completely gone at one point.
100% see this happening if they don't get the sales volume they expect
I didn’t see anything in the FB group complaining about the points change
There was one post on Monday talking about it and some of the replies in there were people saying they aren't going to buy now

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% see this happening if they don't get the sales volume they expect
If AE truly wants TS volume, they should advertise. It works.

1695223481051.png

I get that some people have received individual messages, though I see nothing official across email, IG, twitter, reddit, SF. Even unsuccessfully looked for something via Tik Tok.

Wonder if efforts like the $75 coupon (to all) and not moving the points promotion would help drive sales? Or even associates having a clear understanding of what is going down?

Makes me go back to a previous question I posed here: Does AE really want the TS to be successful? I certainly do!! The Hamilton is bound to make another appearance at some point, right?

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If AE truly wants TS volume, they should advertise. It works.

View attachment 2030499
I get that some people have received individual messages, though I see nothing official across email, IG, twitter, reddit, SF. Even unsuccessfully looked for something via Tik Tok.

Wonder if efforts like the $75 coupon (to all) and not moving the points promotion would help drive sales? Or even associates having a clear understanding of what is going down?

Makes me go back to a previous question I posed here: Does AE really want the TS to be successful? I certainly do!! The Hamilton is bound to make another appearance at some point, right?
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Hamilton comes back! I forgot who, but someone even speculated that AE may have lost the cutting plates for the Hamilton, this why we have not seen any new make-ups for them other than the weatherproof versions.

One of my Alden pre-orders just arrived and I gotta shell over $775 (pun intended), so this also may play a role in my participation with the AE TS. Am now on the fence with doing a UV HM on Double JR.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't even consider that point. That's a very good one, @middleP. The natural welt with beige stitching works much better on the Strand than on the Park design. Finding a brown welt and edge to look good with darker blue is tricky in my experience.

While this trunk show is mostly very good, I don't get this zipper Higgins. What's the point of having a zipper on a boot that already has laces?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Hamilton comes back! I forgot who, but someone even speculated that AE may have lost the cutting plates for the Hamilton, this why we have not seen any new make-ups for them other than the weatherproof versions.

One of my Alden pre-orders just arrived and I gotta shell over $775 (pun intended), so this also may play a role in my participation with the AE TS. Am now on the fence with doing a UV HM on Double JR.
oooo what did you get?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My financial advisor informed me that I’m allowed only ONE more pair of shoes for 2023!!
Allen Edmonds, Alden, and Lucchese are on the list…
Does it have to be the Gregorian calendar?

Ah, I didn't even consider that point. That's a very good one, @middleP. The natural welt with beige stitching works much better on the Strand than on the Park design. Finding a brown welt and edge to look good with darker blue is tricky in my experience.

While this trunk show is mostly very good, I don't get this zipper Higgins. What's the point of having a zipper on a boot that already has laces?

The point of a zipper boot with laces is for it to appear like any other boot, but not requiring time tying, which can be hard for those with large stomachs, aneurysms, hernias, etc. That said, a zipper boot with quick laces is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads