• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff928

Reaction score
A new-to-me ebay purchase, a sample of what I'd wear with football grain, a suede cleaning suggestion, what I've been wearing lately, and two new additions from the wonderful people on State Street in Boston.

My first ebay shell purchase, Fairgates in color #8. They were built on the 511 last, like the Leeds but with a cap. If my sleuthing is correct, these were made in '99. I've only used a little VSC on these so far, hoping that a proper shine and some work will make these look even nicer.
PXL_20230110_203520108.jpg

Any folks with these - where do you wear em? Trying to decide where they fit in my wardrobe!
I only wear football grain while watching football, this happens a lot though, so I usually wear something that matches my team's colors. This is just a sample of what I might be wearing if I was watching a Clemson game. An orange with purple edges/branding Brooks Brothers shirt and some team socks.
PXL_20230117_175644890.jpg

It is some kind of printed leather, and it has a velvety texture like suede. I already tried the eraser, and I didn't get anywhere with it.
I suggest Saphir's Omnidaim. This stuff works well.
PXL_20230117_190357605.jpg

Weave Strands in chili at a client's office and my driveway.
PXL_20230109_162303566.jpg

PXL_20230109_172450782.MP.jpg

Spent a lot of time looking over the sales last week. I was ecstatic when I discovered a pair of snuff suede Strandmoks on Shoebank in my size. On Friday I made a call to some of the most amazing people in the world, the sales associates at State Street. I was told there was only one pair of snuff suede on Shoebank and that we could put the order in, but it might not go through.

Luckily, it went through.
PXL_20230117_174532739.jpg

The snuff suede is a great color, it goes with almost anything.
PXL_20230116_171154014.jpg

A Carolina sunset shot of these seconds that look like firsts.
PXL_20230116_143824119.jpg

When my order went through and I received a confirmation e-mail on Saturday, I was so pleased that I made another call to the astonishing people in Boston to order a pair of turmeric suede Strandmok firsts.
PXL_20230117_185050875.jpg

PXL_20230117_185158211.jpg

Color comparison between snuff and turmeric.
PXL_20230117_194350077.jpg

SlowOldRunner

Reaction score
Those look great - McTavish right? If you don't mind me asking - what did you use to get them looking so nice?
Thanks! They’re neumoks and it’s just neutral saphir renovateur.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had the chance to drop in to visit the AE store in the King of Prussia mall yesterday. The manager was friendly and we had a good discussion of the imminent price increase and the sad demise of the MacNeil. He said he had a list of 30 people who want to be contacted should another MacNeil run appear on the horizon. He quickly noticed the shell Florsheims I was wearing and said he had been looking for such a pair for years to no avail. Drop in to the store if you are in the neighborhood.

melcahoon

Reaction score
I had the chance to drop in to visit the AE store in the King of Prussia mall yesterday. The manager was friendly and we had a good discussion of the imminent price increase and the sad demise of the MacNeil. He said he had a list of 30 people who want to be contacted should another MacNeil run appear on the horizon. He quickly noticed the shell Florsheims I was wearing and said he had been looking for such a pair for years to no avail. Drop in to the store if you are in the neighborhood.
What did he have to say about the price increase? Did he give a timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members