• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3517.jpeg
IMG_3521.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Freeport CXL boot being discontinued? There are only a smattering of sizes available.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Freeport CXL boot being discontinued? There are only a smattering of sizes available.

I was talking with Alex at the Shoebank today and he said that he thought pretty much all of the Freeports were technically clearance. The caper suede ones are like $247 + 25% off if ordered through the Shoebank store.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question: those look big on you (wrinkling, ankle space). Is that the best fit you could get on those? Or does it fit the rest of your foot better?

I'm trying to determine whether or not I'm being too picky with how my shoes fit, ie, whether I need to make more concessions since these aren't MTM shoes, after all.

I judge the fit of shoes or boots in stages. First, am I feeling any excessive or unnatural pressure on any area of my feet? Squished toe, pressure on the top, etc. Second, when laced am I experiencing any improper movement that may lead to a blister or the need for padding? If they pass the first two tests I see how they close. Is the v gap excessive to my eye or is it completely closed leaving excessive inner space. If the shoe closes properly is there now a bow or gap in the ankle? I went through a lot of shoes until I got pairs that passed all of the fit requirements.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking with Alex at the Shoebank today and he said that he thought pretty much all of the Freeports were technically clearance. The caper suede ones are like $247 + 25% off if ordered through the Shoebank store.
I have found a natural CXL Freeport in my size (13B) at the Shoebank. But the Shoebank version is $100 more expensive….

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found a natural CXL Freeport in my size (13B) at the Shoebank. But the Shoebank version is $100 more expensive….

I'm not even referring to F2s. Right now, all clearance items including F1, F2, apparel, accessories, etc. are all an additional 25% off if ordered through the Shoebank B&M (either in person or on the phone).

I got my F1 Barbour Higgins Mill boots for an additional 25% off when I ordered over the phone at the PW SB.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not even referring to F2s. Right now, all clearance items including F1, F2, apparel, accessories, etc. are all an additional 25% off if ordered through the Shoebank B&M (either in person or on the phone).

I got my F1 Barbour Higgins Mill boots for an additional 25% off when I ordered over the phone at the PW SB

I got my F1 Barbour Higgins Mill boots for an additional 25% off when I ordered over the phone at the PW SB.
That makes it even worse — the first quality shoe is $100 cheaper, has better quality, and has no return fee if there’s a problem.

DawgPound

Reaction score
I’m planning on getting a Rivian truck…that thing will be hilarious.
Not sure if you’ve driven or been in one yet, but those things are damn fast! A good friend of mine has one of the first ones. And of course here in AZ, EV’s are the ticket to drive the HOV lane by yourself 😬

Oh…and he has that olive green truck with yellow calipers.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was under the impression this was a top seller in the boot category. Was my impression wrong? It does not make sense why they would get rid of it if it was popular. I would likely own a pair if it weren't for the tongue. Perhaps that's what they are doing -- changing the tongue. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members