• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tell me if this would be overtraining

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
considering that muscles grow relatively slowly, i'm not going to wake up one morning and be like "omg!@!! my arms r so small and everything else r so big!!!" if my tri's aren't getting worked enough, i can exercise them more... no big deal

also, i'm 6 feet 3 inches so i don't think i'll look like a midget no matter what happens.

For Crissakes! You wont look like Chewy of Chelsea Handler fame because you are training arms. My point was to Eason because he said arms are minor muscle groups and hence you need not focus on them.

My point to you is that you need not do so many diverse and less effective exercises for your arms amongst others. You only need to do 2 exercises for both biceps and triceps. Sheesh!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
u mad, beasty? I just told him at this point it isn't required for him to do isolation exercises on his arms. calm down buddy

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shraka
Wait, Beasty thinks this is bad? *confused* Sounds similar to the workout my physio asked me to do.

I gotta disagree with you here. Triceps are not that small. They also really widen your arm up and make them look more balanced, not to mention increase your arm extension power. If you're training for something like martial arts, your triceps are extremely important. Heaps of bodybuilders advise beginners to work their triceps to make their arms look bigger.

IMO the close grip barbell bench is almost a tricep isolation exercise. Even a regular bench press uses lots of triceps. Depending on how narrow his grip is, he could be doing mostly triceps.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beasty is such an idiotic sounding username... it fits him perfectly
boxing[1].gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
bach I noticed you're doing bicep curls anyway at the end of your B workout, you might well superset for triceps, keep a 1:1 ratio for opposing muscle groups.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
bach I noticed you're doing bicep curls anyway at the end of your B workout, you might well superset for triceps, keep a 1:1 ratio for opposing muscle groups.

yeah, i suggested that on the last page. except i said a paired exercise.. i think they're pretty similar.

what do you mean by a 1:1 ratio? weight? sets? reps?

beasty

Reaction score
you don't make any sense.. at all

If you can't even comprehend the simple explanation I have given and the "˜dumbing' down of bodybuilding concepts for you, I think you are spending way too much time in the gym. You should scale down on that.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
IMO the close grip barbell bench is almost a tricep isolation exercise. Even a regular bench press uses lots of triceps. Depending on how narrow his grip is, he could be doing mostly triceps.

Didnt I already promote the close grip bench as a good tri exercise? Sheesh!

beasty

Reaction score
i know that deep inside, you are softly weeping.

WOW! The self importance of some people here!

Yes! I care intimately when a moron decides to microwave his can of motor oil with pop corn so it will be magically increased in quantity just like I care intimately what will happen to you when you engage in your fantastically well thought out gym routine.

I am crying a river here!!!!

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
WOW! The self importance of some people here!

Yes! I care intimately when a moron decides to microwave his can of motor oil with pop corn so it will be magically increased in quantity just like I care intimately what will happen to you when you engage in your fantastically well thought out gym routine.

I am crying a river here!!!!

woah, u seem really worked up

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
beasty's definately upset over the internet :F

beasty

Reaction score
woah, u seem really worked up

Oh yes! I am super stoked and worked up by the fact that you, the second coming of Arnold-Sergio-Lee-Dorian-Ronnie-Jay all rolled into one with unparalleled genetic potential have decided not to heed my advice.

I am sooo worked up! I need to pop some sedatives cos my blood pressure is shooting through the stratosphere!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads