• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk me out of spending $295 on Hugo Boss shoes

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Yeah, I like them. There's no branding on the outside, so no one will really know. They remind of something that James would wear.

Anyway, Blue Sole Shoes in Philly has them. www.bluesoleshoes.com 215-496-9244. They only have one in each size, so 9.5s are mine. I'll probably pick them up tomorrow and poast pics.

Cool show pics when you get them, post in the "HOF what you are wearing thread". I reckon they would rock well with any casual outfit, I would like to see them with lighter colored chinos. I will check out the URL you sent. $295 is not a lot for shoes really, and at that price we wont be expecting Vass or JLP quality. Thanks for the tip.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
+1 those look good, I personally love Hugo Boss, i avoid their pricing as much as i can but like all their items, dont care if SF approved, enjoy the shoes man
I am partial to HB. Most of their stuff is meh, but the suits fit me better than most OTR labels

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blistex649
Hmmm, Hold off a for 1 week, and if its still something you still fancy.. might be worth a more serious consideration.

Also, think of using that money for something bigger! (don't know what, but you can use your imagination!)

+1

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No-no?

eqzoom85.jpg

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Why? Its only when you get burnt eating dog crap that you know how great real Beluga Caviar is. So I say buy both pairs. And regret when you know you can get a good pair of EG for what you paid.

But the EGs would only make sense if they were something to keep for a number of years. With something a bit more 'fashiony' (there'll be a few who faint at the thought, no doubt) and not to be kept longterm, is it worth it?
If you like them, buy them and wear them with a smile

Jangofett

Reaction score
No worries. If thats a concern, Lobb and I am sure EG have many classic casual or boat shoes which can last you many years. These brands aint gonna come up with some in season snazzy look.

Their clientele are businessmen in their 40s and up and they are not going to buy such stuff. Of course there are exceptions like people like Ishi and myself!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
No-no?
eqzoom85.jpg

That is hot, I love those Gucci wholecut suede loafers.
Originally Posted by Oleg
But the EGs would only make sense if they were something to keep for a number of years. With something a bit more 'fashiony' (there'll be a few who faint at the thought, no doubt) and not to be kept longterm, is it worth it? If you like them, buy them and wear them with a smile
Originally Posted by Jangofett
No worries. If thats a concern, Lobb and I am sure EG have many classic casual or boat shoes which can last you many years. These brands aint gonna come up with some in season snazzy look. Their clientele are businessmen in their 40s and up and they are not going to buy such stuff. Of course there are exceptions like people like Ishi and myself!
This is the same train of thought I had.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
those are f*cking awesome. buy em.

Galix

Reaction score
I guess HB didn't make the shoes but instead some specialized shoe brand for them. Like "Brioni for..." So probably they are good quality. If you like them, buy 'em.

If the fact that they're HB is a problem, you can browse for similar shoes. I'm sure you'll find very similar models in most of the major and well reputed shoe brands for the same price or just slightly more.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mr musicguy. i like em. do eeet

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been bought! I chose the grey ones.

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
i walk by blue sole all the time but never go in.
i'll have to take a look sometime.

They have some good items, some crazy ****. A lot of rebanded Magnani and some Grenson. The guys who work there are real nice. They also sell cedar shoe trees for 20 bucks, if you need some.

I'll post pics later.

BBC

Reaction score
Jesus, you guys are slow. Guess I'll have to do it.

Dude, those are so Boss!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads