• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you sign up for emails, does SuitSupply give you a notice as to when the outlet sale begins or is it completely random?
You are better off looking on this thread.They tend to send the email a day or two after the outlet has already been open and by then most of the good stuff has sold out.

Has anyone heard anything about when it will open?
History shows that that the outlet will open next week.

pomor

Reaction score
I'm pretty meh on the sales issue. They only discount the stuff that doesn't sell.

Mostly true, BUT a few items show up in the outlet that didn’t sell during regular seasons because they were overpriced for what they were or were quirky-looking (some Jort stuff). I am waiting for the 100% cashmere Vicenza coat that was selling for a grand, and I am hoping it will come back during this upcoming sale for half of that price. Really, a similar coat by a more renowned brand would start selling at 2-3 times that starting price.

Also, thanks again for your earlier pictures of the navy raincoat. I was sold on those. I finally ordered the gray raincoat when it was restocked here in the US. It is on the way to me now. The UPS guy should deliver it to me on Tuesday according to tracking.

I waited for the gray one to come back in stock as I have too much navy and blue outerwear already. It is interesting, though, that the navy raincoat is listed as “Essential” on the website which is something new they started this year. It makes me think that they intend on keeping it around multiple seasons, perhaps with revisions. A few other things are listed as “Essential” – mostly staple shirts and gray and navy Napoli suits.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly true, BUT a few items show up in the outlet that didn’t sell during regular seasons because they were overpriced for what they were or were quirky-looking (some Jort stuff).
Sure. The thing I am against is buying stuff on sale just because there is a sale. Having said that, if that brown check Hudson goes on sale (and if the sale is available in Finland), I'll probably buy it.

Also, thanks again for your earlier pictures of the navy raincoat. I was sold on those. I finally ordered the gray raincoat when it was restocked here in the US.
You're more than welcome. Glad they were useful. I've been enjoying mine a lot. It gets a lot of wear, although I kind of wish I'd went with the grey version. You're lucky they restocked it stateside. Over here it's still sold out.

Has anyone ever tried their hemp wool material? How is it?
I assume you're referring to this Hudson. It's really nice, but I ended up returning it. Awesome texture, but the blue was a little too bright for my taste.

notdos

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried their hemp wool material? How is it?

Yes sir, one of my very favorite pieces from SS. Great texture and very comfortable. It does require steaming more often than other materials. Performs similar to linen but better, imho.

pomor

Reaction score
Sure. The thing I am against is buying stuff on sale just because there is a sale. Having said that, if that brown check Hudson goes on sale (and if the sale is available in Finland), I'll probably buy it.

You're more than welcome. Glad they were useful. I've been enjoying mine a lot. It gets a lot of wear, although I kind of wish I'd went with the grey version. You're lucky they restocked it stateside. Over here it's still sold out.

Saw this today on Manolo in case you are finlandssvenska or simply know Swedish http://www.manolo.se/artiklar/artikel/20170710/suitsupply-oppnar-butik-i-stockholm/

No word on the Helsinki Store yet, but maybe also September? I was able to find the future address though:

Eteläesplanadi 18
00101 Helsinki
Finland
Tel. +358 (0)9 7479 0269

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No word on the Helsinki Store yet, but maybe also September? I was able to find the future address though:

Eteläesplanadi 18
00101 Helsinki
Finland
Tel. +358 (0)9 7479 0269

I actually already knew about the Helsinki store, but thanks for the heads-up. I was in the area last week and the storefront is very much a work in progress. I'll be surprised if they open in September.

A store will also be opening in Tallinn at the end of August. If they take too long to open the store in Helsinki, I might check that out. I really want to try the MTM programme. I can deal with their RTW jackets, but their suits just don't cut it for me anymore.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I actually already knew about the Helsinki store, but thanks for the heads-up. I was in the area last week and the storefront is very much a work in progress. I'll be surprised if they open in September.

A store will also be opening in Tallinn at the end of August. If they take too long to open the store in Helsinki, I might check that out. I really want to try the MTM programme. I can deal with their RTW jackets, but their suits just don't cut it for me anymore.

Aren't the jackets cut the same as the jackets with the suits? So the pants are more of an issue for you? Or you just want to make a suit from the ground up?

I'm debating doing a MTM just to choose all the details.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get around the jacket issues to some extent by sizing up. But this requires a hell of a lot of tailoring. And even then, I still end up with suboptimal button stances and jacket lengths. The most important thing is that I get a longer jacket with a lower button stance - but being able to choose the pocket and shoulder types will be nice too.

The issues with their RTW trousers (low rise, no pleats, too slim in the thigh) are basically impossible to get around. I want proper high-rise trousers with pleats, suspender buttons instead of belt-loops and more room in the thigh. MTM is the only way I'm going to get all that.

So yeah... if it's details you're after, MTM is the way to go.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
That makes sense I agree, especially if you wear a long jacket I can see how the pants will have too low of a rise.

I also want to add side adjusters to the trousers (among other details to the trousers and jacket) and it seems that's common in the jort, but not the havana or soho which is what fits me the best.

Last edited:

osw880

Reaction score
I recall that US outlet store opened earlier this year (Jan 17th), about a week after EU outlet store.
I am assuming the US outlet store opens after EU store. Did EU Outlet store already open yet?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads