• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we're talking about different things - fit vs finish. Unfortunately SuSu's more expensive RTW offerings suffer from the same fit problems as their basic lines (low-rise, too tight trousers, high-button stances, short jackets etc). As things stand, I have to spend quite a lot on tailoring to get around these problems. €700 would quickly become €800 or even €900. That, to me, is not worth it, since I'm still not getting exactly what I want.

SuSu also has its production facilities in China, by the way.

I could recommend one or two places in Helsinki or Turku, but I don't think that's going to be of any help to you. Since you're in Toronto, you could always ask SuSu about their MTM programme. As I understand it they offer a wide variety of fabrics and options, including details not available in their RTW lines (high-rise trousers, pleats, different shoulder types, etc). A few posters here have tried it with positive results.

Last edited:

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like they are finally opening a store in Stockholm, Sweden! Woohoo!!!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not surprising it didn't sell. The flap pockets ruin it.

This is the best blue jacket on offer in the Euro SS collection in my opinion. The shade is a nice middle ground between their almost-black navy jackets and those awful electric blue ones. It's a pity it's 100% linen.

This would be perfect if not for the flat, lifeless colour. Great texture and a nice, open weave:

Hopefully they'll add some more stuff in the coming weeks.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Total suit noob here. What's the best way to get an under 1000$ Italian suit? MTM Suitsupply or Luxire? I am not really a fan of the SS suits I'm seeing on the website. I want higher waist, bigger lapel, slim not but skinny. Thanks!

rc121

Reaction score

Total suit noob here. What's the best way to get an under 1000$ Italian suit? MTM Suitsupply or Luxire? I am not really a fan of the SS suits I'm seeing on the website. I want higher waist, bigger lapel, slim not but skinny.  Thanks!
wouldn't you have to buy from an Italian maker to get an Italian suit?

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I recently received a Jort Cashmere/Silk blazer (C883) and have noticed that the lapel seems to cover a large amount of the patch pocket. This seems to be very different to the Jorts/Hudsons pictures on the website. Do you think it is to do with the pattern grading to my size (38 Short)? When wearing with a pocket square, a much smaller amount of square is visible than what I'm used to.

I also noticed that the sleeves are around an inch shorter than they should be (I'm fairly sure they haven't been altered though), and have needed to be lengthened (possibly with a 5th button added to balance it out, which I'm not thrilled about). Unfortunately it was the last one available in my size, so can't exchange for another, and it is something I really do want! It's a beautiful shade of blue (less navy than the picture shows).

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received shipment of a La Spalla suit in 40L. The sleeves are a bit long. Perhaps half to an inch too long. Is it possible to shorten the sleeves by that much? Or will it throw the look of the buttons off?

beyondmars2020

Reaction score

Received shipment of a La Spalla suit in 40L. The sleeves are a bit long. Perhaps half to an inch too long. Is it possible to shorten the sleeves by that much? Or will it throw the look of the buttons off?

Sleeves can be shortened from the end of the sleeve or from the shoulder.

If shortening from the end of the sleeve, assuming working buttons, there needs to be enough space between the end of the sleeve and the last button to allow shortening. You can fold the end of the sleeve under to the desired sleeve length and see whether the location of the buttons is acceptable to you or not. Based on my own experience with SS, you may or may not be able to get away with this, and if you do, the space between the butttons and the end of the sleeve will probably be less than ideal (but perhaps still acceptable)>

Shortening from the shoulder is more complicated and expensive, but a skilled tailor should be very capable of doing the job. That means: make sure you have a good tailor. A second caveat: shortening from the shoulder will ruin pattern matching if the suit is patterned, so take that into consideration (ie. in general, if you value pattern matching, then shortening the sleeve from the shoulder is generally not a good idea).

Good luck!

Last edited:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have sales ever?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeves can be shortened from the end of the sleeve or from the shoulder.

If shortening from the end of the sleeve, assuming working buttons, there needs to be enough space between the end of the sleeve and the last button to allow shortening. You can fold the end of the sleeve under to the desired sleeve length and see whether the location of the buttons is acceptable to you or not. Based on my own experience with SS, you may or may not be able to get away with this, and if you do, the space between the butttons and the end of the sleeve will probably be less than ideal (but perhaps still acceptable)>

Shortening from the shoulder is more complicated and expensive, but a skilled tailor should be very capable of doing the job. That means: make sure you have a good tailor. A second caveat: shortening from the shoulder will ruin pattern matching if the suit is patterned, so take that into consideration (ie. in general, if you value pattern matching, then shortening the sleeve from the shoulder is generally not a good idea).

Good luck!

Thank you, makes sense. However I have a question. If there is enough space then of course you would alter it from the end of the sleeve right?

RedRoadster

Reaction score
Hi have several of their suits in soho , Madison and Washington fit in size 48 but i would like to buy one of the DB Coats in the Lavello fit, what do you guys think i should buy in sizzing 48 or 50.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member