• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

h3ro

Reaction score
I have a Washington SC and like it but it feels at times they tried to do too much. Peak lapels, ticket pocket, and 2.5 roll is a lot.
I feel like it's their "Tom Ford" equivalent fit. More options for those looking for that aesthetic. I have two Washington fit suits from SS, a navy 110s workhorse and a lighter blue linen/silk blend that's great for summer weddings.

monkeynuts

Reaction score
I own two Washington's - they are a lot, but I work in an environment where wearing a suit is a rarity. Mine are grey flannel and deep navy, about as conservative as you can get in that cut. If you work in a suit conservative environment I'd recommend going other routes than the washington.
I only wear my Washington suit for special occasions.

Napoli for work.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It probably depends on your location. I just bought a new navy Lazio at the store in Brussels. The alterations I requested - which were substantial - were impeccably executed, at a cost lower than I would pay in Finland, and in a two day turnaround.

Plus, they enter the alterations into a database so if you get another one you don't necessarily have to go through the fitting process again. I'm definitely impressed.

h3ro

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the in store tailoring? Is it worth it or should I bring it to my own tailor?
I think this will vary by location. I've developed a really solid rapport with the staff and tailors at the Atlanta location and they are great. I haven't had anything too extensive done out side of hemming/tapering pants and slightly nipping waists on a few jackets, but have been very happy with the results and their willingness to 'get it right' if the first attempt isn't spot on.

Last edited:

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
I think this will vary by location. I've developed a really solid rapport with the staff and tailors at the Atlanta location and they are great. I haven't had anything too extensive done out side of hemming/tapering pants and slightly nipping waists on a few jackets, but have been very happy with the results and their willingness to 'get it right' if the first attempt isn't spot on.
Philly store is fantastic. Highly recommend Taylor.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting back after long, long time. After buying a bunch of stuff over the past years I did the jump this summer to get a MTM suit. Stores in Germany are in far and meh cities, Zürich store is close but 50% more expensive and I anyway every once in a while go to Milano for weekend trips (dat food tho!), so that was the store of choice.

Had a first fitting which was very good and straight forward, I knew exactly what I want it to look like (grey, 2 button, single breasted, notch lapel, boring business suit but good fit) and the gent who measured me knew exactly what to look for and fix. Received the suit in September and am very happy with it, there's just very minor details which I would adjust for future orders. I'll probably stick with MTM and not order any RTW anymore in the future.

Also ordered two trousers when I was there to pick up my suit in September. Unfortunately their shipping company lost them and they'll have to re-do them, so I won't have them until January (heart breaking as I specifically ordered one to take it to my Xmas holidays next week) which will be a total of 4 months, normally wait time is quite exactly as suggested (6 weeks). I hope this will be a one off disaster.

rc121

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations of models that are cut or fit similar to the Washington? Mine fits like a glove with no alterations beyond hemming the pants but I'd like to find other options with notch lapels.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations of models that are cut or fit similar to the Washington? Mine fits like a glove with no alterations beyond hemming the pants but I'd like to find other options with notch lapels.

Lazio

beyondmars2020

Reaction score

I've tried most of the cuts available at my local SS store, and I found the Washington to be the slimmest.

The Washington also has a much different silhouette than most of the other SS cuts, with the structured shoulder, longer length, and peak lapels.

I have a few Havanas that I also like, but it's a much different look.

I'd stay away from the Napoli as it's a little bit fuller.

h3ro

Reaction score

Give the Hudson a try. The jacket waist is naturally nipped like the Washington. Just make sure you try a few different pieces in the same style. I've found that the Hudson is wildly inconsistent in shoulder width even in the same size/cloth.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

If I size down and go with a long the Napoli fits about the same. So 40r Washington and 38l Napoli.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick review of the new wool/cotton Hudson. These are pics straight from box in bad lighting. True color is closest to 3rd pic.

It's a great suit. Everything I love about my wool/cashmere Hudson. Soft pleated shoulders, bigger lapel and the pants fit well, almost identical to soho pants I would say. My only issue is the higher than preferable cotton content (50%). If you like cotton suits this is an amazing suit, if you hate cotton suits (me) you'll be on the fence. I like a softer drape. Any questions feel free to ask.
I am looking for a summer suit and was on the fence between this suit or the linen hudson. Are you pleased with the cotton suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads