• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Is there no one here who can help?

** Need help with 42S double-breasted jacket measurements **

I'm thinking of getting a Madison or SOHO double-breasted suit in 42 short and I need help from anyone here who owns a DB in 42 short in these models.

Can you tell me, please, what is the HALF-WAIST measurement of a 42 short double-breasted jacket in Madison or SOHO?

You can check this URL here for an illustration of how to measurement the half-waist.

https://hartschaffnermarx.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/how-we-meas-2.jpg

Thank you very much.

DonnyDB10

Reaction score
Question...

I have a very nice slim-fitting Lazio suit from Suitsupply. The pants fit great other than in the crotch area. Basically, it's difficult for me to stretch my legs out to the sides when I'm wearing the trousers and I think it's stemming from the low crotch. I have other dress trousers that have a higher crotch and my mobility is just fine. So is there anything that can be done to make these trousers more mobility friendly? Getting in to a car is hard because when I stretch my leg out the fabric in between my legs barely stretches.

Thanks!

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question...

I have a very nice slim-fitting Lazio suit from Suitsupply. The pants fit great other than in the crotch area. Basically, it's difficult for me to stretch my legs out to the sides when I'm wearing the trousers and I think it's stemming from the low crotch. I have other dress trousers that have a higher crotch and my mobility is just fine. So is there anything that can be done to make these trousers more mobility friendly? Getting in to a car is hard because when I stretch my leg out the fabric in between my legs barely stretches.

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a 'low crotch'? Are you talking about the rise?

In any event, it sound likes the trousers are too small for you. Have you asked a tailor?

Suit Supply in general doesn't have a lot of extra fabric to allow for letting things out, which of course is what you're talking about.

Cheers,

Ac

DonnyDB10

Reaction score

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a 'low crotch'?  Are you talking about the rise?

In any event, it sound likes the trousers are too small for you.  Have you asked a tailor?  

Suit Supply in general doesn't have a lot of extra fabric to allow for letting things out, which of course is what you're talking about.

Cheers,

Ac

Uhm I'm guessing it's the rise, but basically it's the fabric between my upper thighs like right underneath the zipper. Does anyone know what the rise is classified as on the Lazio?

Mrlol

Reaction score
I will be buying a new years eve suit (first ever suit), and i need some advise if i should go for a washington or a lazio fit.

Washington: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/washington-marinbla-enfargad/P2778W.html
Lazio: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/lazio-bla-enfargad/P2529L.html
I tried both suit in size 24 and both feelt good.

When i tried the 48 it was way to spacious.

But both suits when i tried them on had alot of extra fabric by the arms (i have kinda small biceps, lol)
i will insert a picture so you guys can see.
Washington 24:

Lazio 24:

Can my tailor do anything about that?

And would you say that the washington fit with the pointed lapel is more an new year's eve suit?

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

I will be buying a new years eve suit (first ever suit), and i need some advise if i should go for a washington or a lazio fit. Washington: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/washington-marinbla-enfargad/P2778W.html Lazio: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/lazio-bla-enfargad/P2529L.html I tried both suit in size 24 and both feelt good. When i tried the 48 it was way to spacious. But both suits when i tried them on had alot of extra fabric by the arms (i have kinda small biceps, lol) i will insert a picture so you guys can see. Washington 24: Lazio 24: Can my tailor do anything about that? And would you say that the washington fit with the pointed lapel is more an new year's eve suit?
I would probably prefer the Washington on new year's, but if it's your only suit, I'd go Lazio.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Opening party for SS in HK tonight. Forgot to take many photos (great champagne!). The store looks good, centrally located and is big by Hong Kong standards - feels bigger than their London locations. Looking forward to hanging out there more going forward.

Last edited:

ampcb

Reaction score

I picked up Suitsupply's Grey Faux Uni shirt a few weeks ago and decided to review it since I don't see much discussion on their shirts here. This isn't my first shirt from them so it was pretty consistent with most of their shirts except for the fabric, which is a very thickly woven, very nice cotton. As you can see in the third picture, it is a very heavy shirt - almost like a thick polo material, which is definitely interesting. Besides the fabric, it has all of the usual things to expect from a Suitsupply shirt, including the excellent construction and decent fit (for me, at least). This is definitely an unusual shirt from Suitsupply, and while I was a little surprised about the thick fabric, it's definitely a welcome addition to my collection of shirts.

I wrote a more in-depth review here if you want to learn more: http://lookinggoodandfeelingfine.com/review-suitsupply-grey-faux-uni-shirt/

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will be buying a new years eve suit (first ever suit), and i need some advise if i should go for a washington or a lazio fit. Washington: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/washington-marinbla-enfargad/P2778W.html Lazio: http://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/suits/lazio-bla-enfargad/P2529L.html I tried both suit in size 24 and both feelt good. When i tried the 48 it was way to spacious. But both suits when i tried them on had alot of extra fabric by the arms (i have kinda small biceps, lol) i will insert a picture so you guys can see. Washington 24: Lazio 24: Can my tailor do anything about that? And would you say that the washington fit with the pointed lapel is more an new year's eve suit?
Yes, it is. If you've made a purchase already (hopefully the first one), you are hereby being informed that some of the problem with the arms is from very erect posture. A tailor can adjust for that.

Mrlol

Reaction score

Yes, it is.

If you've made a purchase already (hopefully the first one), you are hereby being informed that some of the problem with the arms is from very erect posture. A tailor can adjust for that.
Hi
Havent purchased yet, ordered a Lazio Suit in grey to try it on before i pick one of the 3. Cant decide wich to pick, you also say Washington?
Can you only wear the Washington fit for new years eve etc or also Random christmas dinners for example?

Last edited:

h3ro

Reaction score
Oh okey, but by the book it say to only use it on special events like new years eve, cocktail party etc? Its more of a party Suit or AM i wrong?
It's a suit with peaked lapels. You can wear it anytime. Dress it up for a party with your shirting/accessories.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads