• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a Brown linen Soho and a a blue wool silk cashmere Havana both in size 34R if anyone is interested.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
What do you guys have to say about SS' double breasted suits/jackets? Are the lapels proportinate when it comes to smaller sizes (EU 44)? I have a DB jacket (non-SS) which I love, hence I'd like to add some more DB pieces to my wardrobe, but it's the lapels that scare me. I'm pretty young, so DB jackets need to have a more slim silhouette compared to single breasted ones to not make me look "too" old.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys have to say about SS' double breasted suits/jackets? Are the lapels proportinate when it comes to smaller sizes (EU 44)? I have a DB jacket (non-SS) which I love, hence I'd like to add some more DB pieces to my wardrobe, but it's the lapels that scare me. I'm pretty young, so DB jackets need to have a more slim silhouette compared to single breasted ones to not make me look "too" old.

The Soho is very well proportioned in my opinion. Skinny lapels on a double breasted suit always seemed silly to me. Though the Madison models lapels always just seemed a little too large.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So had bought a Siena fit but sadly just does not work for my body. Like on the Havana I tend to get Shoulder divots. So decided to buy the new Super 180 Jort.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
** Need help with 42S double-breasted jacket measurements **

I'm thinking of getting a Madison or SOHO double-breasted suit in 42 short and I need help from anyone here who owns a DB in 42 short in these models.

Can you tell me, please, what is the HALF-WAIST measurement of a 42 short double-breasted jacket in Madison or SOHO?

You can check this URL here for an illustration of how to measurement the half-waist.

https://hartschaffnermarx.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/how-we-meas-2.jpg

Thank you very much.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Could you give me some shoulder and length sizing suggestions on these jackets? The first two pictures are a Jort cashmere size 38, and the next four are Jort cashmere size 36. I'm mainly asking for the shoulder. The chest is definitely better in the 38 as the 36 would have to be let out. Please ignore the casual attire that I'm wearing today. Thanks!
c7b77a256db01bd5be3cf0dde0023bbf.jpg

a7ff297241fb0c598b1163f6b15a0287.jpg

cfd89ef7a7417f2f007c0dc8c40847af.jpg

0678b1a35b96d7e1e3c14335537b45fb.jpg

17362255c943909a93711501332ab80d.jpg

d543e91a44cee9a5abd50d2142606e28.jpg

AlexHffK

Reaction score
My Experience with SuitSupply Copenhagen MTM

The Danish SuitSupply store opened this summer in Copenhagen. I have purchased from SuitSupply before either when in the UK or Germany and Online.
The Danish prices has been jacked up unfortunately but expected as salaries and taxes are higher in Denmark.

The Gentleman in charge of the MTM program in Copenhagen is named Alexander. I had given my MTM order some thought before scheduling the fitting. I wanted a 3 piece Dark Charcoal Suit in a Mohair blend. I wanted 'Con Rollino' shoulders, high armholes and inward pleated trousers with a high waist. All other details were chosen in the store with advice from Alexander. Some advice I took some I didn't.

I have sloping shoulders and a dropped right shoulder. I have a torso that fits a 46 EU and legs that fit 92 EU. My shoulder width due to the heavy sloping could fit a 44 EU. Before MTM I would buy a 48 and have my alteration tailor make adjustments. However the fit difference from off the rack and MTM is night and day.

I was lucky that the fitting session after mine had been canceled so we had plenty of time to discuss the details. I opted for Hacking pockets, a conscious choice that clashes a bit with the Italian shoulders. I also went with the widest lapels they offer. 'Con Rollino' is not an option for MTM, only 'Spalla Camicia' however Alexander did some magic so the result looks and feels like a 'Con Rollino' construction, it even feels like the stitching is pressed on the 'Con Rollino' side. I had opted not to have to pants taken up, this would be done in the store once I could see the suit on and deside whether I wanted cuffs or not.

After the suit arrived in the store I went for 2 additional fittings. The west and the suit jacket had to be let out by the hip, the side vents of the jacket had to be taken up a bit. I also chose Jort cuffs on the trousers that can be opened with buttons for cleaning. The second fitting took in the back around under the arms a small bit. The sleeve length is how I like it, advice was to show more cuff.

I'm very happy with the result and with the guidance that I got from Alexander. I would definitely recommend this service to others.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
That looks very good. Shoulder looks nice. One of the best SS suits I've seen. Been thinking I should visit the Copenhagen store one day. What did the MTM suit end up costing?

AlexHffK

Reaction score
That looks very good. Shoulder looks nice. One of the best SS suits I've seen. Been thinking I should visit the Copenhagen store one day. What did the MTM suit end up costing?
I've rather not disclose the price in public. I have sent you a PM with details.

beyondmars2020

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience or reviews of the quality of the Suitsupply leather bags?

I'm eyeballing the Brown Holdall and Dark Brown Holdall.

Bags_Brown_Holdall_Bag16215_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

Bags_Dark_Brown_Holdall_Bag16202_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

I know their leather shoes havent gotten great reviews, but there seems to be little online regarding tbeir bags.

It's hard to find large, full grain leather, minimalist bags at this price point.

Any feedback or suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any information?

** Need help with 42S double-breasted jacket measurements **

I'm thinking of getting a Madison or SOHO double-breasted suit in 42 short and I need help from anyone here who owns a DB in 42 short in these models.

Can you tell me, please, what is the HALF-WAIST measurement of a 42 short double-breasted jacket in Madison or SOHO?

You can check this URL here for an illustration of how to measurement the half-waist.

https://hartschaffnermarx.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/how-we-meas-2.jpg

Thank you very much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads