• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
They are "updating" the site.

There is a new size guide, placing a few questions to better advise one the size and fit preferences. It seems to work...

Meanwhile, pulled the trigger on this one. Does anyone has it?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I am traveling to Germany in a couple weeks I order a Havana blue plain sport coat and was going for the Havana gray herringbone wool sport coat but it is sold out in my size there.

Has anyone ordered any SuSu from another country and had luck returning it in their home country? For reference, I would buy in Germany and return in the US? The US stock of the gray herringbone is low but not out so I am trying to figure out how to get one in the US but for European prices.

For reference: 229 Euros vs. $399 USD.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Havana fit vs Sienna fit, the measurements on the size chart are pretty much the same except for the Sienna back length being longer and the Sienna chest being slightly larger in the chest.

Can anyone that owns both of these fits comment on how similar/different the Sienna and Havana actually fit?

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shoulders on the havana are wider and the sleeves are almost always considerably longer. The chest on the two measures about the same on the ones I have. The Sienna jacket seems longer but only slightly so. The main difference in how they fit is due to the construction. The Sienna is much more structured and has a light shoulder padding, the Havana has none. FWIW I have decided that the Havana doesn't look very good on me. I have a slightly dropped right shoulder that is usually hardly noticeable, but in the Havana seems to stand out more.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure what to think about the Havana. For me the fit overall is pretty good. But the shoulders are ever-so-slightly off. It's very irritating.

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think so. You seem to like a very slim style, but what I usually see from you is far too skinny to look good. The problems I see in the shoulders are a large divot on each side and a buckling along the shoulder line. One is likely the result of the armhole being too small, and the other is likely a result of your shoulder pitch. At least that has often been the case for me. Aside from this, sizing up would also provide you with a longer jacket, which you sorely need.

Btw, dude... them trousers are too tight. Moose knuckle flatters no one. Well, maybe not no one, but very few.
mwink[1].gif

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's a bit of a downer to hear these things after alterations have been made, but I'll bear that in mind for future purchases.
As far as length is concerned: I tend to agree, but that is already a long. A larger size would mean the sleeves would have to be altered from the shoulder, which is a bit annoying.

Yeah, the trousers are a bit tighter than I'd like. The ones in my regular size were even tighter.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit of the jacket is definitely slim. I'm not sure if it's as bad as Caustic makes it sound, he seems to like a more generous cut from the pictures I seen of him, which I too like on most people. Though I do think the Havana shoulders are likely to small for you. I had a similar problem and sizing up did help because it seems like the Havana always fits extra slim there. I also think a slightly longer jacket would look better, just to make sure your behind is covered. I too like a trimmer cut in the waist but you want to make sure you feel comfortable in whatever you're in.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sense of style is obviously quite different from Caustic's, but his advice is usually good. I agree a longer jacket would be better - but this is already a long. As this is the first time anyone has suggested sizing up, I had up to this point just accepted that my jackets would be slightly short. And shoulder issue notwithstanding, it's a pretty comfortable jacket.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

My sense of style is obviously quite different from Caustic's, but his advice is usually good. I agree a longer jacket would be better - but this is already a long. As this is the first time anyone has suggested sizing up, I had up to this point just accepted that my jackets would be slightly short. And shoulder issue notwithstanding, it's a pretty comfortable jacket. 

I agree with caustic, that the jacket is not the right size... get a size larger and take the waist in. You'll get a similar slim fit look at the waist, but the rest of the jacket will fit you as well.

pomor

Reaction score

God damn it.

I agree with the gentlemen above.

Hey, you know what though, I have a few outfits that I like less now than I did just a year ago (Jacket too short, shoulders look funny, etc.) However, I try to keep in mind that 99% of the people out there would NEVER notice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads