• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder for anyone on this thread that might be in the Bay Area next week, Thursday September 1st, to come on out and join us at Suitsupply SF.

The event coordinator for Suitsupply just confirmed cocktails, beer, champagne, mini burgers and maybe more. We have about 80 RSVP's and of course all are welcome and feel free to invite your friends.

Please rsvp at [email protected]

Satmoche

Reaction score

Yep, everywhere.

The guy told me there are some "rich flannels and wools" arriving. But not so many "year round" options, which fit my needs best.

I asked one of their sales assistant about their flannels suits for F/W, and he told me that they last less longer compared to their Super 110/120. He did say that it was mainly for the crotch area. Is that inherent to flannel trousers in general ?

mbaltazar

Reaction score

I asked one of their sales assistant about their flannels suits for F/W, and he told me that they last less longer compared to their Super 110/120. He did say that it was mainly for the crotch area. Is that inherent to flannel trousers in general ?

Honestly I don't know. I don't have any flannel suit.
I ordered this Traveller Havana.

It serves my "year round" needs. I don't expect anything really amazing for the rest of the collection...

Zirma

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on here for quite a while. I would now like to purchase a Washington suit and I wanted to know if I should size up for the Washington or not (I only own a Sienna 48R).

Thanks!

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Wearing my light brown Havana for the first time today, it's gonna be up to around 29c and sunny today in London so it'll be a good test to see if it holds up as a four-season suit, the fabric isn't as thick as I'd expect for a fall/winter suit, so I hope I won't be sweating later on.

It must seem like I wear that tie all the time, I pretty much do.

Also a word of caution about this suit, although it's pure wool, it does crease fairly easily (mostly around the arms).

I'm not sure if that's because the fabric is thinner than my other pure wool suits, or the light colour accentuates the creases more; probably a mixture of the both.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Wearing my light brown Havana for the first time today, it's gonna be up to around 29c and sunny today in London so it'll be a good test to see if it holds up as a four-season suit, the fabric isn't as thick as I'd expect for a fall/winter suit, so I hope I won't be sweating later on.
LL
It must seem like I wear that tie all the time, I pretty much do. Also a word of caution about this suit, although it's pure wool, it does crease fairly easily (mostly around the arms). I'm not sure if that's because the fabric is thinner than my other pure wool suits, or the light colour accentuates the creases more; probably a mixture of the both.
Looking good! Let me know your "end of day" thoughts. I've been eyeing that suit but the probable thickness of the cloth is holding me back...

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Looking good! Let me know your "end of day" thoughts. I've been eyeing that suit but the probable thickness of the cloth is holding me back...

Thank you!

The suit was normal around 18-20c, but once it got past 25c it was becoming too warm (started sweating), and by the time it got to 29c it was way too hot.

I don't think this suit qualifies as a four-season suit, it looks wonderful on a sunny day, but it's more of a sunny day suit for when the temperature is around room temperature or lower.

At the end of the day (10+ hours of wearing), there were quite a few visible creases on the arms and back of the jacket, but surprisingly the trousers didn't get creased much.

Despite this, I'd still recommend this suit if you want to add a lighter colour to your F/W (and Spring) lineup, and you can always split the jacket and trousers up if you feel like it.

pomor

Reaction score
I have one flannel SS suit which is actually cotton but I am kind of thinking it will wear out fast if I wear it a lot. It sort of looks like it might pill when rubbed against something (like a rougher inside of a winter coat or desk or chair.)

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score

Thank you!

The suit was normal around 18-20c, but once it got past 25c it was becoming too warm (started sweating), and by the time it got to 29c it was way too hot.

I don't think this suit qualifies as a four-season suit, it looks wonderful on a sunny day, but it's more of a sunny day suit for when the temperature is around room temperature or lower.

At the end of the day (10+ hours of wearing), there were quite a few visible creases on the arms and back of the jacket, but surprisingly the trousers didn't get creased much.

Despite this, I'd still recommend this suit if you want to add a lighter colour to your F/W (and Spring) lineup, and you can always split the jacket and trousers up if you feel like it.

BTW, congrats on 500 posts! Also, does anyone raise their eyebrows if you call Autumn Fall in the UK? Or is everyone so used to US media, few notice? :)

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here bought this Lazio? There's only one left in 94 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Still not sure if I want this or a 'design your own' option in proper flannel.

MeachamLake

Reaction score

BTW, congrats on 500 posts! Also, does anyone raise their eyebrows if you call Autumn Fall in the UK? Or is everyone so used to US media, few notice? :)

That's one Americanism I've never heard anyone use over here. Pretty much every British brand uses the phrase "Autumn Winter Collection".

Then again, I do live a long way from London...perhaps they all have American accents down there these days. ;)

Last edited:

MrTopCat

Reaction score
BTW, congrats on 500 posts! Also, does anyone raise their eyebrows if you call Autumn Fall in the UK? Or is everyone so used to US media, few notice?
smile.gif

Thanks!

I usually just use F/W or Fall instead of A/W or Autumn on this forum, probably because even the UK Suitsupply website calls it Fall/Winter. In person I just call it "Autumn" but once I accidentally said "Fall" and a friend called me out on it.
uhoh.gif

That's one Americanism I've never heard anyone use over here. Pretty much every British brand uses the phrase "Autumn Winter Collection".

Then again, I do live a long way from London...perhaps they all have American accents down there these days.
wink.gif

I haven't heard anyone else say "Fall" in London (or others parts of the UK), except when I accidentally said it.

We haven't been Americanised just yet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads